Monday, 21 January 2013

The beach in January?!





So in complete contrast to the last post I thought I would share a trip to the seaside that I made a couple of weeks ago. I love the seaside - it's calming and peaceful (especially in the winter when their aren't many people around). However when I was asked if I wanted to go I thought - "In January?!".

However, the weather was actually much better than you can see in the photos and we had a nice walk around the town and along the front. Then finished on the pier where we indulged ourselves with chips, icecream and hot chocolate.


This is my favourite photo of the day. It was taken from the pier looking inland and you can just see Southwold's lighthouse on the right. I love the light on the water and it has really inspired me to take more photos.

Thanks
Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. Aw - beautiful! I love the seaside - but sadly only really get to visit it several times a year since we live so far away. Ice cream and hot chocolate by the sea sounds pretty heavenly right now :-)

    ReplyDelete