Friday, 8 February 2013

Never let my schooling interfere with my education

As a sixth form student I am in education. However as a person I love finding out about interesting things that happen in the world and that's what drew me to:

Ted Talks 

This website has lots of really interesting talks by successful and inspirational people. Some of these talks have made me laugh, cry and be so increadibly inspired. In no particular order I would like to share 5 of my favourite talks.

Top 5 Favs


  1. Io Tillett Wright talks frankly about her upbringing and beliefs that led to the creation of a photography project dipicting people that are not 100% straight.
  2. Cameron Russell talks about her life as a model in this image based industry.
  3. Sue Austin strikes complete awe in the audience when she shows how disability and specifically wheelchairs can be seen in a very positive light. (I had a little cry at this one)
  4. Janine Shepherd reminds us that what we are is not our body and her amazing recovery from a life threatening accident that changed her life. (again tissues needed)
  5. Angela Patton talks about her charity that connects girls with their fathers even when they are in prison.
I hope that one of the talks I have named or one of the many others strikes a chord with you and you can relate to it, because you don't have to go to school to learn.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment