Saturday, 16 March 2013

My Birthday!


My birthday was last week but I only seem to have just got round to looking through the photos. I had a really memorable day with my friends and family which ended with a surprise visit to a teashop for afternoon tea. I am so proud of my friends for keeping this a surprise as they are honestly not great at this. I had a bacon, brie and redcurrant jelly toasted sandwich, which I had never had before but was amazing. Then to finish I had such a scrummy moist chocolate brownie. Unfortunately no photos of the event as we were having much to good a time.



This is the birthday cake my Grandma made me. This is a bit of tradition in my household and I've had all manner of cakes from hot air balloons to footballs. She is the person that really got me into baking and stood beside me while I made a crazy mess of her kitchen!

You can also see the cake stand that me and Mum found in a box in the side board. I immediately loved it. It's so beautiful so we decided it should really be put into use for my cake.
Look at the beautiful cut glass detail!

Overall I had a great birthday thanks to my wonderful family and friends

Kate xx

2 comments: