Saturday, 30 March 2013

Today's Mission

I am currently living with one pair of turquoise trousers and much as I tell myself they do, they don't go with everything. This is a problem as in the blustery weather we are currently having a skirt just isn't practical everyday. So my mission today was simple: buy one (or more) pair of normal boring jeans. I guess your already getting my feelings about jeans here. I just find them a bit bland and don't really know how they work for me.

So I took inspiration from the blogging world:
I love how feminine this outfit is with the cute peplum lace top.

Erica from Sweets and Hearts
Those jeans are amazing. Such a pop of colour!
Kaylah from The Dainty Squid
Kaylah has such a cute cat jumper and I love the layering of the shirt.
Rachel from Rachel the Hat
Such a colourful outfit and I am so jealous of the red duffel coat.

Armed with research I popped into town to see if I could find any jeans. This turned out to be much harder than I thought as manufacturers don't seem to make jeans to fit any women. I think I may have tried on every pair in the town. Some fitted fine on my legs and were too small round my waist while some were way too big. Some were tight on my calves but not on my thighs.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this an absolute nightmare or I may just have to run back to my dresses!

P.S. The one good thing to come out of this was a beautiful charity shop find - a pure cotton white and navy over the knee skirt.

Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for the feature! Pants are really hard to style for me personally, I usually just wear a dress. I hope you find the perfect pair!

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete