Wednesday, 8 May 2013

The future that's right for me


(view of one of my possible universities)

I have always believed that I should do what feels right for me and follow the path I chose. But isn't it just the hardest thing to do to chose the rest of your life. About a year ago I chose that I would apply to uni to do Natural Sciences. It seemed like the right thing to do as it would be carrying on the subjects that I am doing to A level and as everyone told me there would be s of jobs in that area and I was clever enough to do it.

OK fair enough, I wrote my personal statement and sent it off through UCAS and applied to some top universities. I have some offers, I had some interviews and now I have to get the grades. Grades that I realised were probably out of my ability a couple of months ago but right now I have to just aim to get however impossible it may be to do that.

And is this really what I want to do? There are so many choices and I'm not sure natural sciences is what I ever wanted to do. In fact my original idea was not to go to university at all. University is a big step and very expensive if I'm not even set on going. Which means my motivation is dwindling and I'm less likely to get the grades anyway. But maybe that's not such a bad thing!

Because ultimately I believe that being in the right place at the right time will get decide my future. I don't yet know what the future may be but I know that I will take every opportunity that comes my way that feels right for me to be doing. Even if it takes a little longer and the path ends up winding way more than others I will continue to go the way I believe in.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. believe in yourself and you are gonna be great!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, great to hear from you!
      Kate xx

      Delete