Sunday, 13 October 2013

life turns out in the most unexpected ways

The title says it all really!

I never expected to be doing what I'm doing right now. I wasn't the sport one at school. I never liked the running around - possibly because I wasn't that great at it. Then I discovered cricket...

Now I train probably once a week and coach a whole lot more than that in the summer. This is something I really enjoy and therefore hope to pass on to the next generation of cricketing super stars. My coaching philosophy is such that I want every person to have a smile on their face when playing or training for cricket. Becasue I can tell you now when I play you can't take the smile off my face. Not only do I love the sport I love who I play with.

I play in a men's team for my village club. There is no ladies team so it was play with these or not at all, and that was never going to happen. This means lots of banter on the field and going to the pub after the game. I've grown to enjoy this. You have to give as good as you get!

So now it's time to embark on the next chapter of my life. One that was meant to be Uni and all that goes with it. It turns out that actually it is a job coaching in primary schools. Yes I got it and I'm super excited! I will be coaching a range of sports and dance which I hope will enable the youth of today (does that still include me?) to particpate and get active. And most of all I hope it put the smile on their face that it does on mine.

Inspire a generation
What funny twists and turns have happened in your life recently?
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment