Friday, 29 November 2013

Feeling Thankful

I know that yesterday was Thanksgiving in America and while over here we don't celebrate it (possibly harvest festival is the closest thing) it really got me thinking. Because I moan a lot! I don't mean to and I try hard not to becuase I know there are so many things to be thankful for. So this post is all about what we should be thankful for and grateful for and appreciate every single day. I have 4 major things I am thankful for:

1. My amazing friends. I miss them so much at the minute because many of them are away at university so I am incredibly grateful that they remain my friends through everything and that it is only a couple of weeks until they all come home and festivities can begin. I feel that is when Christmas will really start for me!

2. My family who have been mega supportive through all my choices this year. I think I have sent them down some merry paths with going to Uni, then not and getting a job. However they have been there throughout it all and I'm still living here which I am extremely thankful for.

3. My job. I know I was extremely lucky to find a job that I enjoying doing so much in such a short space of time. I love the variety of the job (working with a range of ages and abilities in lots of diferent sports, the people I work with (who have been really supportive and great fun) and most of all the job itself which I'm loving! I am thankful that there will be extra opportunities in the new year which I will grab with both hands!

4. My Gorgeous Dog, Ben. Everyday he greets me with lots of love and cuddles. He has so much energy that it is impossible to not smile at him.

But everyday I like to remember all the little things I am thankful for:
- Having the best 12 hour sleep last night which really recharged me and I've woken up energetic and ready for today.
- The beautiful colours of autumn
- my snuggly dressing gown that has had to make an appearance.
- little notes that my Mum leaves me every morning before she goes to work.

There is lots to be thankful for and I will remember this. What are you thankful for?

p.s. sorry about lack of photos in my past few posts. I don't seem to be able to upload any. If anyone has any helpful knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated!

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment