Friday, 22 November 2013

Ways to be Productive

Now I'm working I have to be productive. There can be no procrastination, or maybe just minimal procrastination. The problem is I am very good at wiling away hours without getting much done. So I am trying really hard to keep myself focused so that I have time to do the things I want to do too.

1. Use my diary I decided that my new year's resolution this year would be to use a diary. Not to write about my everyday life just to organise myself. This really worked over my exams in the summer and now it's coming into it's own bearling in mind that everyday I'm working somewhere different and I have to know that I have planned the sessions. I make sure all my hours are logged in there andit helps me look forwards and see what I'm doing next week. It sounds really simple but works for me.

2. Organisation My this I mean make sure you know where things are. I've left school but I still have plently of folders and notebooks to keep things in. But make sure each notebook/ folder has a purpose and you know exactly what is in it. For example I have one folder that goes everywhere with me. It has all the paperwork I might need to run my sessions - plans,registers etc. I will never leave anything behind becuase it's all in folder. Woe betide me if I leave that at home! I also have separate notebooks for each thing I'm doing. So work plans go in one, cricket club in another, county in another.I know where everything should be so less confusion happens (hopefully).

3. I write a list Every morning I wake up and the first thing I do is write a list of what needs completeing that day. It can be all the completely mundane taskes that need doing like peeling the potatoes for tea, but the satisfaction of knowing you've done it and can tick it off means it's more likely to get done. It also means I can't forget an all important task I need to do for the day as it's all on the list. I can't sing the praises of this simple idea enough as it really focuses my energies and everything gets done.


These three simple measures are so easy to impliment into daily life and just allow you to be a bit more productive.

Have you got any tips because I always need them?!
Kate xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment