Friday, 20 December 2013

Full Festive Flow

Only 5 more sleeps until Christmas and I am in full festive flow. This week has been full to the brim with festive goings on:

Winter always makes me drink far too much hot chocolate and this week has been no exception. As I don't drink tea or coffee, my friends are always supping on a steaming mug of hot chocolate whilst catching up. This week there has been so much to catch up on so whether at home or in some lovely cafes I have drunk many many cups this week.
Another drink that I have discovered this week is the gingerbread flavour milkshake. Such a Christmassy treat and such a bargain at a quid!

I felt Christmas really started when I went back to my old school to their carol concert. It was such a beautiful service with carols sung in parts. Despite my awful cold I was belting out the carols and even attempting the decants. So sorry to anyone in the rows in front of me. It was the first reunion of many of my friends for the holidays so we ended up staying in the church long after the mince pies and mulled wine had been cleared away and had to be asked to leave the church! There was so much to catch up with we hadn't realised the time at all.

After a week of making everything I taught Christmas related (and I can tell you that is hard when you're meant to be teaching dodgeball), I finished work for the holidays last night. I love my job but this is a well earned break. It's also lovely to have time off with my friends so today I spent on the sofa grazing and watching Notting Hill with my best friend. She's been on at me to see this film for years and it's only today that I realise the cute amazing feel good film I've been missing. It was great to be back in the same room as her after 3 months and we slipped into exactly the same chat as ever.

I also had my assessment at work this week - great timing with the stress but I'm glad it went well! Christmas games clearly do work.

This might be the last full holiday I get this academic year so I'll going to really make the most of it. This weekend I've got a gig and seeing family. Then it's onto the main festivities: Friends on Christmas Eve and family on Christmas Day. Let me know how the build up to Christmas is going for you.

Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. Loved reading this, it made me wanna drink a hot chocolate too (I don't drink tea or coffee either, and mostly I just drink water but for the holidays a change is good right?:p) Enjoy your time off!! And Nothing Hill never gets me bored haha:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete