Sunday, 15 December 2013

They're Coming Home

I feel like this weekend is really the start of Christmas for me as my friends that have finished their first term of uni and will be making their way back home. I have got a lot of my shopping done so from now on it will be all about spending time with those that I love and having a good time. I finish work next week and am really welcoming the break. Much as I love my job a break is always good.

Here are some of the perfectly Christmassy events I have planned:
- going out for hot chocolate and a catch up with friends
- Big Sunday roast with all the trimmings
- duvet days with Christmas films
- going to a carol service and singing at the top of my voice. Followed by mince pies and mulled wine.
- present wrapping
- going to see my amazing friends' Christmas gig.
- putting the tree and decorations up
- seeing my cousins and family for a lovely lunch in Cambridge
- Christmas baking (seeing as my friends haven't done a lot of baking in their student kitchens)

I'm really looking forward to seeing them all and hearing about their term. Correspondence over email, text message or even good old letters isn't the same as spending time with each other.

Will you be meeting up with friends you haven't seen over Christmas? Also suggestions of other festive events are appreciated.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment