Monday, 20 January 2014

52 Lists: Four

52 Lists: List the things that remind you of home

  1. Untidiness: My house is an absolute nightmare. Whenever I try to tidy it looks good for about 2 days then the clutter invades again. 
  2.  Drinking hot chocolate out of my favourite mug that I've had for years.
  3. A good roast with batter puddings and lashings of gravy
  4. The cricket commentary. I spend hours doing work listening to it.
  5. Ben (my gorgeous sprocker spaniel) jumping up to greet me when I get home
  6. Cooking dinner with my friends
I feel just as much at home at my Grandma's house so I thought I'd let you know what reminds me of there too:
  1. Wagon wheels are something that is always in the cupboard and always offered nearly as soon as I've got in the door.
  2. The smell of baking
  3. A half-done jigsaw on the table
  4. A bucket of vegetables that have been just dug up from the garden
Here I have just written a few things but I think that a home is somewhere you can be completely comfortable in yourself, you are around the people you love and you feel loved.

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love half-done jigsaws for a very similar reason. It's great to have a couple of places which feel like home - it reminds you of how many loved ones there are around you. What nice things to make you feel at home x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you Gemma. Yes I really appreciate having my loved ones around me - that makes it feel like home.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Kate, you have a lovely little blog over here. Thanks for commenting on mine :) Wagon wheels are so underrated - I haven't had one in years but now craving one!! Looking forward to reading more from you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Beeta. You need to rush out now and buy some! They are such a nostalgic treat.
      Kate xx

      Delete