As I woke up yesterday morning I saw I had a tweet from the lovely Nadine at AfroBritChick. She has nominated me for a Leibster award. Ok so I may have got just a little bit excited because it shows someone actually reads and, dare I say it, likes what I write. Anyway I didn't have a clue what the Liebster award was so here's what I have found out. It's an award given from blogger to blogger where you are given 11 questions to answer. I then chose another 11 bloggers to pose another 11 questions too. 11 seems to be a key number here! Anyway sounds simple so shall we begin?
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
I had been reading blogs for a while and loved the sharing of lots of creative ideas. I wanted to share mine and it gave me an excuse to do a lot more baking, crafting and generally making a mess!
2. What is your lifetime ambition?
To be happy in whatever I do. I remember when I was younger there was a dress up day at school with the theme what I want to be when I grow up. I went in with a massive T-shirt that I had drawn a big smiley face on. When the teacher asked I said, "When I grow up I want to be happy".
3. What is your favourite saying?
"Don't make a mountain out of a molehill" and other funny little sayings that my Grandma says.
4. How long does it take you to get ready on a normal day?
About 10 minutes! I'm so low maintenance it's unbelievable. Literally all I do is jump out of bed, get dressed, brush through my hair and grab something to eat in the car.
5. What are you most passionate about?
I am passionate about cricket. I'm passionate about introducing and developing sports and active lifestyles to children. I am passionate about my family. I am passionate about creativity. My sentence structures have taken all passion out of this question... sorry.
6. What are you listening to at the moment?
Don't laugh... The Lion King soundtrack. My friend made me the CD after I'd been to see the show in the west end and absolutely loved it. Something I would completely recommend!
7. What is your best childhood memory?
This memory is very vague but happy nonetheless: I remember walking down a road holding my Dad's hand. I must have been very young because I looked up and my Dad looked so tall. The sun was setting and he sat me on his shoulders.
8. Where would you like to visit that you haven’t already?
Paris, Venice, Aberdeen, The new little tea shop in my home town, the list could go on
9. Hot or cold?
Cold. I hate beginning too hot and sticky and if it's cold it means i can wrap myself in plenty of layers to keep warm. To be honest I prefer somewhere in the middle. Yes, I'm going to sit on the fence and say that autumn and spring are my favourite seasons for this reason.
10. When you are feeling down what do you do to lift your spirits?
Cuddles with my dog, sip hot chocolate (with marshmallows), ring a friend, bake a cake, put on an upbeat song and have a boogie (I realise using the word boogie makes me sound about 80, pop in to see my Grandma, have a cry (sometimes letting it all out is good), draw something
11. Who is your favourite Disney character?
The princess in Brave (Merida) because I love that she's such a strong independent woman and a great role model for children. And also I would love that hair!
My questions for you, ladies, are:
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your favourite food?
- What is the thing you are most proud of?
- What 3 things could you not do without?
- When you are feeling down what do you do to lift your spirits?
- Why do you blog?
- What and/or who inspires you?
- What is your ideal day off?
- What are you listening to right now?
- What's your favourite season?
- What makes you laugh the most?
I have to say I did steal a few of the questions set for me but they were good questions and I wanted to see what you came up with. Thank you once again to Nadine for nominating me and I look forward to seeing what you lovely ladies answer.