Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Never sit in the comfy chair

I found this lovely comfy-looking chair on the Next Website. I also feel this chair has a look of wisdom to it which is quite appropriate to the post.

Last night I remembered something that my friend told me was his new years resolution. On new years eve we all discussed our resolutions (although this was done in a pub so wasn't the most serious conversation I've ever had). His new years resolution struck a chord with me because he simply said "this year I won't be sitting in the comfy chair".

I suppose as people we all love to stay in the metaphorical comfy chair because it's what we know and in most cases it's easier. It involves less effort and therefore it's the lazy way out. I'm not saying I'm perfect at this because I think we're all a little bit guilty of sticking to what we know and letting life drift past.

But life is all about new opportunities. To do that we have extract ourselves from the comfy chair, take off our granny blanket and slippers and go out and seize the day. There are so many new and exciting people meet and places to be. Everyday there are new things to learn and see. You can't see all this from the comfy chair indoors. That's like saying I've never seen the bottom of my garden because I've not got myself out of the comfy chair.

When was the last thing you did something for the first time? When was the last time you jumped out of that comfy chair with enthusiasm?

Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. Lovely metaphor. I think my trouble is, I am out of my comfy chair every moment, every day at work, and so when I finish and get home to my 'real life' all I want to do is sink into that chair!! x

    ReplyDelete