Thursday, 6 February 2014

It's the Little things


This came in the post for me yesterday and I must say it made my day. Yes I saw all my friends that have gone off to Uni at Christmas but only 6 months ago I was seeing them all day everyday. Therefore a beautiful hand designed postcard wending it's way to me means an awful lot. I think getting anything through the post is special (apart from bills of course!) because it shows people have made the effort, in a very instant online society. And if it's handmade that's even better.

I also for once have nails that are not chipped or broken which makes me happy. I work in quite a masculine environment and uniform so little touches such as having nice nails can give me a boost.

I think these little things do make us feel much better so I'm hoping to make this kind of post a regular thing.

Meanwhile I must be off to write some postcards. What has made you smile this week?
Kate xx

5 comments:

  1. You reminded me of my friends. I remember when I went down to Goa ( I'm from Goa, now living in the UK) they all came to see me and they wanted to give something in writing but couldn't find anything and one of them grabbed a note from his wallet and everybody wrote messages on it and I still have it. Memories, treasure them. It's the little things in life that means more than anything. My new series goes well with your blog. Lovely post Katie xx

    Naaj Ronas Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely to have those things and memories to treasure. I have something similar from my friends that they did for my birthday. So special to read through on a bad day. I look forward to reading your new series Naaj xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry, I meant to write Kate ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet , I think postcards are always way too important because they're sent with love. In this age , letters mean way too much than digitals words aka emails or something.
    Your nails look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's definitely something about the fact that people have to put in more effort and it's less instant than words online that makes them special.
      Thanks :) I'm not very adventurous with them though xx

      Delete