Wednesday, 19 March 2014

52 Lists: Eleven

52 Lists: List the things beside your bed

  1. Always a book or two. I currently have Victoria Pendleton's autobiography and "The Way to Lord's" a collection of cricketing letters to The Times.
  2. My phone. This also doubles as my alarm although as it's ancient and bricklike that's about all it is good for. I really must invest in a camera phone for all those moments of inspiration when I don't have my camera with me.
  3. Water bottle. I have water bottle literally everywhere. I will take one wherever I go in my bag, there's a couple in the car and I like to have one by my bed. It means that keep hydrated all the time. This is important as I teach exercise all day and I can get really bad headaches if I don't drink enough.
  4. A Lamp. This links to the books because I can't think of anything worse than snuggling down reading your book then realising that you have to leave the safe, warm haven of your bed to turn out the main light before you sleep.
  5. My glasses, watch, nail varnishes and other assorted random stuff. Yes I'm very good at making clutter!
  6. A beautiful scrapbook made for me by a group of my friends for my birthday a couple of years ago. It has so many inspirational quotes, funny memories and little messages from them in it. If I'm feeling down I always have a look through because I'm bound to end up laughing whilst reading. It's also lovely to have something to remind me of them whilst they are spread round the country.
Talking of them all being spread round the country, I'm very excited because yesterday I picked up a whole stack of train tickets to visit them. First journey starts this Friday when I'm off to Hertfordshire to see my best friend. I'm really looking forward to it!

As always I love to see your lists and hear your ideas.
Kate xx

5 comments:

  1. I also always need to have water by my side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, when you said water bottle for some reason I thought you meant a hot water bottle!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A hot water bottle is definitely there when the weather is a bit chilly too

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of you flicking through your scrapbook at all the memories you created with friends. My school mates all scattered around the country too, quite sad isn't it? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sad, but it makes it all the more fun when we do catch up. I also love knowing we're all doing things that we really want to do around the country. xx

      Delete