Monday, 3 March 2014

52 Lists: Ten

52 Lists: List the ways you can love yourself more

  1. Take baths: I never usually have time for a bath or so I tell myself, so I always have quick showers. However, they just aren't the same and don't relax me at all. I love how calm I feel after a bath although I have to be careful not to fall asleep in there!
  2. Wear pretty things: I spent my life in ill-fitting sports wear for my job so I should make an effort to wear pretty feminine items when I have some time off. I know this makes me much happier and lifts my spirits.
  3. Give myself a break: I work pretty damn hard and I deserve a break every now and then. But I'm a massive perfectionist so everything has to be done right before I can stop. I need to take short breaks between work so I can be more productive but also take a bit of me time. I just started before I started bogging with a bit of fresh air and a maple and pecan danish pastry. 
  4. Keep my nails nice: I know this is an occupational hazard but my nails are always breaking because some child has thrown a ball at me or I've knocked them while moving gym equipment. However I really like having nice nails so I'm going to give myself a little bit of time set aside to do them nicely. Plus I love the little compliments I get about them. Usually from the children! It again gives me a feminine element when I'm wearing my sportswear.
  5. Create! I've done so much creative things in my life but recently this has slipped a little. It something that will allow me to switch off my mind and relax. I recently got back into choreographing and dancing for work (granted it was all lion king based) but I really enjoyed it. I'm now looking into dance classes for myself. It must have been about 2 years since I took my last one!
I've noticed most of the things I've suggested are just about taking a bit of time for me. I think I will try consciously to take a little more time for myself away from distractions such as my computer. 

Can we just take a minute to realise this is week 10! I can't believe we are almost a fifth of the way through the year. It's going so quickly but I can't wait for March. It's going to be a great month.

As always I love to hear your thoughts and do send your links if you're also participating in 52 Lists. 
Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. We don't have a bath anymore, only a shower and I'm also one of those fast-showering people, haha. I actually hate taking showers. I also should wear pretty things more often. I usually save my new clothes for special events (that sometimes never come). There's nothing wrong with wearing pretty clothes every day! Isn't it.
    Have a nice week!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you've said here! I always saved my clothes for special occasions then I realised that was silly. If I put on something nice for everyday it really perks up my mood. Plus I bath is just so much better than a shower. Fact.
    You too my lovely
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post!! Time for yourself is always important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh air and a pastry... definitely a fun way to take a moment for yourself! I think it's really important to have time for yourself. It can seem a waste but it makes everything run smoother, including your self-esteem and motivation.
    Gemm x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can seem unproductive to take a bit of time for yourself, but actually I usually feel much more motivated afterwards. Plus I've just discovered maple and pecan danishes and they are gorgeous!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  5. Oh yes, baths, baths, baths! I always try to have at least one a week. ( I do shower too haha)
    They are even more relaxing and nice for you when candle lit and using some Lush bath products :P

    Best wishes, Danielle
    http://underlandtowonderland.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have some Lush products that I was given in the Valentine's swap I took part in. Hopefully make time this week to use those and have a nice soak
      Kate xx

      Delete
  6. A lovely soak in the bath can do the world of good :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree! Now to make time
      Kate xx

      Delete