Thursday, 24 April 2014

It's the Little Things: Five


  1. The stars at night. I love getting home on a warmish evening and just staring at the sky for a few minutes. I find the stars so mesmerising. I feel so lucky to live in a rural area where they are not masked by light pollution so I can see them really clearly. 
  2. Rediscovering my love for Prawn Cocktail flavour crisps. Nothing more to say here!
  3. The feel of newly cut hair. Does anyone else feel the need to swoosh their hair around for the first week after it has been cut? I love how the ends feel so new and soft (well compared to the scraggy split ends I had before)!
  4. Wearing clothes that remind me of the season. This week I seem to have gravitated towards pastel pinks and blossomy prints. It makes me feel, even on a grey day like today and little brighter. Have I ever told you I love spring?
  5. A beautiful cream tea. Can we just take a minute to appreciate the beauty of it first? This was one of the yummiest cream teas I've had for a while and I have become a bit of courser. The scone was light and fluffy inside with a crisp crust and it was served with so much homemade jam and cream that we were piling up our scones. And best bit about it? We won it in a raffle so it was completely free! If you are in Suffolk and looking for somewhere for cream tea, light lunch or brunch do check out Trinity's @ No 14 in Saxmundham.
What little things have made you happy this week?
Kate xx

12 comments:

  1. When I lived in London I almost forgot what stars looked like, I didn't see any for years. I don't think I actually ever see them up here in Newcastle either! I have to wait till I'm home in Norfolk!

    I'm getting my hair cut on Saturday and I can't wait. It's such a huge mess right now!

    Never heard of Saxmundham? Worth a visit? I'm not sure we'll make it to Suffolk much during our East Anglia holiday, am thinking we may go to Southwold though :)

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're from my neck of the woods!? I love that in Norfolk and Suffolk there are such wide, open skies as well. Perfect for stargazing and beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
      Mine hadn't been cut for a year and it was awful, but now it's a bouncy and new!
      It's quite a small town and to be honest we only went because of the cream tea. Southwold is lovely though or Aldburgh for the fish and chips! I love going to coast and we are spoiled in both Suffolk and Norfolk
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. I love running my hands through my hair after it's cut! It is always so soft and split end free! I honestly half the time can't stop touching it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't stopped combing through with my fingers absentmindedly since I had it done. I just love the feel of it! I'm glad I'm not the only one
      Kate xx

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh that cream tea looks gorge! Yum! I must admit I don't really remember the last time I saw the stars.... Boo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I love looking at the stars, but I suppose it's something I take for a granted a little living in the middle of nowhere. It was!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  4. That looks like a really good cream tea, I haven't had one in forever!
    I love spring too!

    I second freshly cut hair and also freshly dyed too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would with that fire hair! Spring is probably my favourite season. Then again I'll probably get to summer and change my mind.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  5. Cute post! I love the feeling of fresh cut hair too!!!
    I invite you to visit my blog and let me know if you would like to follow each other!
    XOXO

    Milu
    www.hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great feeling isn't it? Thanks for visiting

      Delete
  6. That picture is making me hungry!

    Yes, a hair cut makes it mandatory to swish your hair around, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hungry looking back at it now!
      Absolutely, I did an awful lot of swishing and I never wanted to put it up at all.
      Kate xx

      Delete