Thursday, 10 April 2014

It's the Little things: Part 3


I maintain it's those moments that make us smile in life that really makes life happy. Here are a few from my life recently:
  1. Wrapping yourself in warm towels after a shower
  2. Primroses, crocuses, snowdrops, cowslips and daffodils all blooming on the side of the road.
  3. Driving with my windows down. Turning my music up and it being warm enough, that even with the breeze, I don't feel too chilly.
  4. Sharing a massive pizza and dessert with my friend. Perfect relaxed lunch. Plus my friend's question "Are we deserting or are we desserting?" made us laugh.
  5. The massive smile on one of my students faces when I told her she would captain her year's cricket team. 
  6. Seeing my first calves and lambs of the spring. Guys I literally love spotting signs of spring, so I'm sorry for all the mentions.
  7. Spending Saturday afternoon watching Mary Poppins and legitimately saying I'm doing research for work.
Do share what's put a smile on your face too
Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. Number 7 rules. It's like how I read tons of brilliant YA fiction with the excuse that it's for work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful. I'm currently perfecting my cockney accent and practicing dancing with chimney sweeps in time for a weeks teaching leading up to a performance next week. Super excited - I have a great job!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. Number 3!!!! Today I went to the gym in my shorts, not sweats to have to stay warm for my walk in, and it was amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I've been working in my shorts recently and I love it!
      Kate xx

      Delete
  3. The flowers always bring a smile to my face :)
    Just spring in general, it's my favourite season.

    A fridge full of food is making me happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite season too. I love the feeling of everything starting to grow again.
      Oh that sounds good :) Hope you've had a lovely weekend
      Kate xx

      Delete
  4. Oh, driving with the windows down, wonderful feeling, isn't it?!
    And like you, I also love spotting all signs of spring. Spring smells outside, they make my day.

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Yes spring definitely has a newness and fresh kind of smell.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  5. Totally agree with the towels thing haha! I hate stepping out of the shower and suddenly being cold, so having a nice fluffy towel on the radiator waiting for me is always a bonus. Also, I nominated you for the Liebster Award over on my blog if you'd like to accept it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks my lovely! I'll take a look now but I have done one before. No harm in another I'm sure. It's bliss isn't it?
      Kate xx

      Delete