Friday, 18 April 2014

It's the Little Things: Part 4

Hope you've had a lovely week darlings. Mine has been pretty long but I'm happy the weekend is finally here! Here's what turned my frown upside down this week...
  1. The smiles on the players' I coach faces when they won their first game of cricket of the season. This makes all the hours I put in worth it. As another coach has said to me "It melts my old man heart." That's his old man heart not mine. Just to clarify!
  2. A bank holiday weekend off (first holiday since Christmas). This has been so long coming but I'm mega looking forward to it. I have planned plenty of afternoon tea, possibly a beach visit and a lovely get together with a bring and share food system. That sounds like my world revolves around food which, let's be honest, is not far off!
  3. A new job starting next week. (that's not a very little thing really!) I'm so excited for new challenges, new people to meet and lots of inspired, happy children.
  4. The hushed quiet I wake up to with only the birds tweeting. I don't think I would like to live in a city as I just love the peace and calm that greets me in the mornings.
  5. Recently I have had some lovely comments on the blog and I'd just like to say thank you to each and every one of you. Every comment makes my day!
If you have a similar post or would like to share the little things that have made you happy do let me know in the comments. I love reading them.
Kate xx

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning. I'm a big fan of cricket and love playing. We use to play when we were kids, good old days.

    Oh listening to birds tweet is the best, I miss that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lovely. Cricket basically takes up my summer. I'm always either watching, playing or coaching. I'm currently loving watching the IPL! Do you still play?
      It's such a great sound to wake up to in the mornings :)
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. Wow gorgeous blossom picture!

    Only day on of the Easter weekend and I've already had afternoon tea :D Priorities!

    Best of luck with the new job :)

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree is in my garden and makes me happy every time I walk past. I just saw it on your blog! Looks so yummy. I've had a cream tea this weekend already so I completely agree with your priorities!
      Thanks :)
      Kate xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations and good luck!!! Thank is so very exciting!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks my lovely! Yep I'm really excited :)
      Kate xx

      Delete
  4. Comments always make me smile :)

    Congrats and good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (for both the comment and the luck). I'm looking forward to it!

      Delete