Wednesday, 16 April 2014

We're London bound

Last weekend we got a crazy early 7am train to visit my friend at Uni in London

We toodled around Brick Lane market and browsed some vintage shops, before taking about an hour to decide what street food to chose.

We went for gnocchi, Chinese dumplings and some Japanese delicacies which we all sampled. 
We relived our childhood through a Jacqueline Wilson exhibition in the Museum of Childhood.

Someone let us near the dressing up clothes whilst a 3 year old politely stood waiting for us to finish!
After getting completely lost somewhere in Chinatown we popped into my friends local which has a cute sofa type set up.

After walking what felt like miles, gorging ourselves on pizza and taking a short tour around the Uni we fell onto the train home with tiredness and happiness.

Being able to stay in contact with friends is such an important thing. I had such a wonderful time exploring places I'd never been before and just generally being around my friends. It's weird when you go from seeing someone everyday to not seeing them for several months, but it makes the time you do have together even more special.

How do you keep in contact with friends that live far away?
Kate xx

8 comments:

  1. Definitely agree with you on the time comment. My brother lives far away currently for school and the time we have together now is soo special. Quality over quantity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Hope you and your brother had a great time last weekend.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. The exhibition looks brilliant, I might need to make a trip down to London.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good! I didn't realise I'd read quite as much Jacqueline Wilson as I remembered. Plus the rest of the museum was great too
      Kate xx

      Delete
  3. Food is a serious decision ;) You need to choose wisely to get the most out of your choices!

    I'm not great at keeping in contact with people, but none of the people I have made friends with have struck me as best friends. So I'm happy to let them go, I'm a loner at heart :) I have my boyfriend and I have great friends on line and that makes me happy.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is. The hardest decision of the day I think!
      I think whatever makes you happy has to be right. Great to hear you have met some good friends online. Is this through blogging?
      Kate xx

      Delete
  4. Museum of Childhood??? Whattt I need to go there!
    Looks like you had an amazing day. I love catching up with old friends. x

    Leanne - A Slice of My Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's really good, but I'd never heard of it before we got lost going there. It was a lovely day.
      Kate xx

      Delete