Sunday, 4 May 2014

A Third of the Way Through the Year!

Where does the time go? It feels like we only just celebrated Christmas and here we are with spring arriving. So I thought now that we are a third of the way through the year I would go back to my goals for the year and see how I'm doing.

1. Organisation: This is my main challenge of the year and apart from a few stupid mix ups I have done pretty well. One such mix up was when I forgot to take music to teach a dance class. I really should have been blonde. However with a new job and extra planning I have had to get to grips with being organised. I even made myself a colour coded planning chart last weekend!
2. Jar of Memories: There are a couple of little folded up pieces of paper in my jar, but they do not even begin to describe some of the amazing memories I have had this year. This one is a must try harder!
3. Road Trip: Road trip is on! This will happen over the summer. We have decided to go for a long weekend. However planning is still needed as we haven't decided where we are going or exactly when. If you have any suggestions in the UK I'd love to hear them.
4. Learn: This really is an on going one, but I have made some great leaps forward. I am now qualified to coach gymnastics in schools. I found this quite a scary prospect as I'm scared of heights so the climbing frame is not great for me. Plus I've never done a backwards roll in my life. However I completed the course and am now qualified to coach gymnastics. I believe, away from formal qualifications, you also learn everyday and my job allows me to do this as everyday is different.


5. Move out: I have to say I'm no closer to this. Doing my job currently it is just not financially a possibility right now. I hope to go to Uni in the foreseeable future so obviously this will be an opportunity to move out. I just really crave the independence.

So I haven't been completely good with my resolutions but I have made some good leaps. Have you kept up to date with your resolutions?
Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. I've made reasonably good progress with my resolutions, certainly better than I did with the ones I made at the start of this academic year (which always feels more like a proper new year when you're a teacher!). I do still have a few to concentrate on, though. Good luck completing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep saying "next year" and people say that's ages away but really I mean after the summer. Do you have your resolutions up on your blog? I'd love to check them out.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. I cannot figure out where time goes!! Ive been asking the same thing!! I think it is awesome that your actually sticking to them and working through them! As well as the fact that you are reviewing them. Keep it up!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy isn't it? I think if I didn't keep going back to them I'd completely forget so my blog's being my motivation here!
      Kate xx

      Delete