Sunday, 13 July 2014

One Summer's Evening


Only a couple of hours before I decided to venture out with Ben, my sprocker spaniel, the heavens had opened. Yes, I was caught in the downpour and was soaked. However in that time the rain had cleared to leave a calm, mild evening. I left home at half 9 in the evening and was amazed at how light it was outside. There was very little breeze and all was calm. Evenings like this make me realise how amazing it is to live in the countryside. In the 30 minutes I was out walking I did not meet a soul. The only noises were the birds tweeting their good nights to each other. Or at least that's what I like to imagine they were saying. The evening light was hazy and when I got to the village green I found a beautiful layer of mist had descended giving a strange ethereal look. I have learnt to appreciate that quiet time found where I live. One day I think I will live in the hustle and bustle of the city, but I think it is also important to have a quiet time to reflect. I found I felt so much calmer after my walk as I was able to sort my feelings and stressors out. Quiet time alone is very important.

When did you last have a quiet time alone?
Kate xx

1 comment:

  1. It's a strange thing being caught in a downpour. If I was jut out walking, it wouldn't bother me and you can just enjoy the magic of it. But the other week we were caught in a down pour carrying our shopping back from the supermarket. Not so fun.

    ReplyDelete