Friday, 31 October 2014

Initial Doodling




The other evening I sat myself down with watercolours and coloured pencils. It had been a really long time since I'd taken the time to create something. So I thought I'd start simple. I just thought about lettering and decided to experiment with my initial. I first went for something quite formal and neat. But then I'm not a very neat person so this ended up a little lopsided! I then went for a natural look with entwining branches and leaves. After I'd finished painting this was the one I was least keen on, but I found that once I'd worked into it with different browns and greens it grew on me (see what I did there!). The last is definitely my favourite. The mix of colours really remind me of the autumnal colours outside, or the fire of the bonfire that I'm excited about going to on Sunday. I love the contrast of the black pattern over the top.

Do give me some feedback. From being away from art for a while and for some quick doodles (these took me less than half an hour) I'm very pleased with them, but they are in no way the finished article.

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely love this. You are very talent, keep doing this! :) You have a future with this!

    Always with love. xx

    Catarina // ohkori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely. I'm hoping to include more art and doodlings on the blog.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  2. You have talent! I love the last one, it's my fav!!! :D
    Jade x

    ReplyDelete