Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Inspired by the Night Sky



This week I've been feeling ever so inspired and intrigued by the starry nights we've been having recently. I love how you can see so many stars from so very far away.  The other night I drove home and got out of my car to see the most amazing amount of stars. I love that you see some stars so brightly but on clear nights you can see all the twinkly, small stars too. Plus I saw my very first shooting star. It was very fast and my mum blinked and missed it, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't an airplane! When I get home from work every night it's dark. This used to get to me a little (I like my sunshine), but this week I've really been focusing on seeing those pretty little stars. This inspired me to take my stars with me everyday so I painted my nails with a dark blue undercoat and covered them in the prettiest bronze glitter.

My brother is studying photography and the last photo above is one of his. He's thinking about time and motion and is a little sneak peek into my very cold evening with sparklers and fire. They turned out really great and I look forward to showing you lot the rest. He really is talented, that boy!

What has been inspiring you recently?
Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. I love your blue sparkly nails! I have just started getting mine Shellac-ed again (after a six-month break) and as they are growing out a bit I piled on the glitter to hide the regrowth. Forgot how much I love having sparkly nails! Your brother's sparkler picture is fab too. I'm trying to master my camera now - fingers crossed I might be able to take a picture like this next bonfire night! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had any special nail treatments just stick a bit of varnish on at home. Glitter is so good for making me feel a little bit happier. I'm so excited to show you some of the other photos (much more fire), but I've got to wait til he submits them. They are amazing! It was actually a lot easier than I thought it would be to take these kind of photos.
      Kate x

      Delete
  2. I haven't worn glitter nail varnish in years but I love this gorgeous deep blue with sparkles. I'm inspired by nature all the time, the colours of autumn are really beautiful and alongside black - my wardrobe reflects them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only problem with glitter nail varnish is getting it off afterwards. However the glitter did make me a little bit happy everytime I spotted it. Nature is one of my main inspirations.

      Kate xx

      Delete