Wednesday, 12 November 2014

What to do with a Bag of Leaves 2




This my latest foray into the arty world. I've always loved watercolours, from when I had my first set with the big blocks of paint which you whirled around so much they ended up having a hole in the centre of each colour. I'm by no means a proper watercolourist (is that even a word) and my very talented friend always tells me off for my technique. Probably because there isn't really a technique. More pop on the colour and see how it goes. The inspiration for these leaves came from the pile of leaves I collected in my handbag a week or so ago. Take a look at my other arty response here. I spent my Saturday evening snuggled up on the sofa with some comedy on the TV having a little dabble. Hope you like my response. As ever, you creative people, let me know how to improve.

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, this shows how long it's been since I've visited your blog! (I do visit often but I'm poo at commenting...I'm trying harder with that :P)
    Love this! The colours in the left hand leaf are stunning! I havent painted in years but this makes me want to - I used to love playing with water colours.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. Always a big smile and a cuppa for anyone that takes the time! It's been a very long time since I picked up a paint brush but I loved it! Thanks
      Kate x

      Delete
  2. I love the colours of autumn and your leaf watercolours are so pretty! I've not had a go at painting in years. I used to go to my granddad's every Saturday morning to paint when I was younger. Really enjoyed it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours of autumn are my favourite thing about this time of the year. I always used to paint with my Granddad. He was really good too. My Grandma told me recently that he would have gone to art college but the war started instead.
      Kate xx

      Delete