Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Christmas Traditions Tag

Christmas Sunset walk from 2 years ago
The lovely Danielle from Underland to Wonderland tagged me in a Christmas traditions post. As Christmas seems to have crept up ever-so quickly and I haven't shared any of it over on the little space of mine, I though it was a wonderful way to give you an insight into my Christmas. Hold on tight it's a whistle stop tour...

1. When does Christmas start for you?
The second I finished work yesterday. I'd really been counting down this year and the drive home I stuck on some Christmas tunes and started to relax. However as I work in schools, it seems to have been Christmas since October. Everywhere is covered in glitter and all I've been hearing are Nativity play songs.

2. What is one Christmas film you have to watch?
I have to say I'm not a great film and I have no real tradition here. This year I have managed to see Nativity for the first time and the classic Snowman. My friend introduced me to Love Actually and this might be my favourite, but I haven't squeezed it in yet.

3. Do you bake a Christmas cake or buy one?
Neither. My Grandma has always baked us one, but I have to admit to not liking it. I'd much rather ice cream or some chocolaty goodness.

4. When do you put up your Christmas tree?
It went up yesterday. The last couple of weeks have been manic so I haven't got around to it. I'll be decorating it tomorrow... along with the many other last minute things I have to do!

5. Do you have a real or fake Christmas tree?
Fake. It lives in my brothers wardrobe for the rest of the year. When I was younger we used to have real ones and they now live out in my garden.

6. When do you start playing Christmas music?
November? I love both carols and Christmas pop songs and so they're on as soon as possible. I'll stick them on to motivate me to do my work. I've even been listening to them as I workout too! I also do some surprisingly "good" renditions of them.

7. Do you use the same Christmas Decorations each year or buy new ones?
The same, but we usually buy one new one each year. Our Christmas tree seems to show a history of the family with a few childish homemade decorations, some coordinating ones, some treasured gifts and some recently crafted ones. A bit of a mish mash, but I love it!

8. How do you spend Christmas Eve?
With friends. We always convene with oodles of food and play silly party games. It's lovely to get together and share gifts and time over the predominately family time.

9. Advent calendar or no advent calendar?
Yes, yes, yes. My Grandma always gives me one. This year It's Peppa Pig. Yes I am a mature, adult member of society!

10. Do you leave a snack out for Santa and his reindeer?
Not any more. I'm usually out late on Christmas Eve and fall into bed so leaving a snack is not high on my agenda and with no small children in the house it's not a necessity.

11. How does Santa get into your house?
No idea, you'd have to ask him. He is magic after all!

12. Mince Pies, yay or nay?
Only when warmed slightly and with a good dollop of cream.

13. Snowballs, eggnog or mulled wine?
None of the above. I'm not a massive drinker and none of these tickle my fancy.

14. What scents remind you of Christmas?
Cinnamon, gingerbread, mulled wine, pine, chocolate orange.

15. How do you spend Christmas Day?
Get up (a little bit later than I used to) and find my stocking. Then go downstairs and unwrap pressies. Create a random outfit from gifted clothing and dress in this. Eat breakfast (anything goes on Christmas day right?) and then travel to my Grandmas. We usually have a hot chocolate whilst opening presents from the rest of my family. Then back home for dinner, crackers etc. In the afternoon we usually have a chill in front of the TV for a while and then catch the sunset whilst all walking the dog.

Thanks Danielle. Feel free to give this tag a go.
Kate x

2 comments:

  1. Ahaha I love that the tree lives in your brothers wardrobe! I don't know why that made me laugh so much.
    The end of Xmas day sounds idealic, walking the dog. That was a highlight for us last year!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just back from a lovely sunset dog walk as I read this! Well he doesn't have a bulging wardrobe so it seems an ideal place. I'm sure he's (the tree) happy in there!
      Kate xx

      Delete