Sunday, 28 December 2014

Christmas Week







I hope you all had a splendid Christmas with loved ones around you.

I have had a lovely Christmas starting on Christmas Eve. As always my friends from school reunite to celebrate the year. It's an opportunity to catch up with everyone who has been scattered across the country and, this year, the world. It's great to hear the tales of dancing in Disneyland, German language courses and beautiful new nephews. Everyone is following their dreams. They are all individual to them and so exciting. As these stories were recounted there was a palpable enthusiasm in the room. I'm so happy and proud to have such motivated, inspiring friends.

Next stop was Christmas day which was spent with my immediate family. I love giving gifts and had spent time picking out ones that my family would appreciate. The smiles definitely showed the time was worth it. The biggest smile has to go to my Mum who ever since I can remember has been asking for a holiday to Scotland. My present to her is a long weekend in Edinburgh, but she'll have to wait until October as that's my next little bit of time off. I can't wait!

Jump forward a couple of days to Saturday and I received my Mum's present. I knew we were going to London and personally wasn't that fond of the 6am train journey. However this was forgiven when it turned out we were going to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory. The chocolaty magic was definitely there and I was astounded at the many effects used. Well work a watch even for big kids like me!

And to today, the last day of Christmas week. A long walk as the sun was setting with my brother and Ben. I live in such a fantastically beautiful part of the world and I should remember this. Above are the photos of the walk.

Hope you had a fantastic Christmas.
Kate x

10 comments:

  1. I love the pictures! Merry holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great Christmas! The photos are beautiful, where abouts in the world are you?
    Happy New Year,

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Hope you had a great one too. I'm in East Anglia in the UK. The sunset was just stunning on my walk.
      Kate x

      Delete
  3. Oh what an absolutely PERFECT sounding Christmas! I can only imagine the look on your Mams face upon finding out her present, she will have a fabulous time as Edinburgh is beautiful (I actually have a post about a recent visit to Edinburgh going up on Monday!).
    Charlie in the Chocolate Factory sounds awesome too! I'd love to go see that and the Lion King one day!

    You'd never think those photos had been taken in late December - stunning shots.

    Best wishes, Danielle xo
    http://www.underlandtowonderland.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lovely Christmas. Hope you did too. I'm going to be watching out for your post on Monday as we haven't started thinking about the exciting things we're going to do.
      Lion King is amazing. I saw it a few years ago the theatricality of it was astonishing. I want to go back!
      From someone who has such gorgeous photography on their blog, I take this as a massive compliment. Thank you!
      xx

      Delete
  4. What lovely photographs, Kate. I always think a big walk is such a nice thing to do during the Christmas holidays.

    It sounds like you had a lovely Christmas - your mum must be so chuffed with her amazing present! I really want to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the next time I'm in London so I'm happy to hear that it sounds brilliant!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always seem to go on plenty of walks over Christmas.
      Oh definitely go! I was fantastic
      xx

      Delete
  5. The sunset looks absolutely gorgeous! I love buying Christmas gifts for the ones I love :)

    Emily // ahemitsemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely stunning! Sunset is one of my favourite times of the day.
      xx

      Delete