This week has been pretty grim. I've been feeling under the weather for the past 3 weeks and lost my voice for 3 days (special to my boss for laughing). Does anyone else get into a bit of a slump around this time of year? You supposed to be all excited for Christmas, but there's still 3 more days to work (yes I'm on a countdown). As I've lost my mojo a little this week I've really had to work hard to appreciate those little things that make you smile:
- Having a parent tell you how much they appreciate what you're doing and that their child is loving your gymnastics club.
- Taking the time to have lunch with my Grandma. A warm bacon and cheese toastie served with a hot chocolate was just what I needed when the weather was dull and grey and I was snuffly.
- Spending Saturday evening baking gingerbread men, women and ningas with 2 of my best friends. I am the proud own of a range of gingerbread cutters and we made full use of them. With the gingery smell still lingering we snuggled under a duvet to munch our way through our makings. A simple Christmassy evening with lovely company.
- The small kindness of a Christmas card. The effort of hand writing in your best handwriting, using a special pen (bonus points for gold or silver). The crooked handwriting of a child. In a digital world we can forget the importance of putting pen to paper and sending a card to those we love.
- A wonderful sunset as I finished my shopping on Sunday evening. Driving home whilst taking sneaky peeks at the beautiful pinks and orange slashes across the sky was such a beautiful way to end the day.
- Having a friend send me the recipe to a hot toddy because he knew how ill I was. That's all it said just a recipe and no explanation, but I really appreciated it!
What has kept you going this week? And do you have any magical cures for losing your mojo?