Monday, 5 January 2015

A New Fact About Me

I pressed enter and suddenly wondered if I'd done the right thing. Despite telling a few friends who were completely supportive it's very different to tell the world. To tell people where you don't know what the reaction is scary. But in line with my goal of finding confidence in myself for this year I've decided to share something personal to me.

In my tweet to the lovely lot at #Happyselves I simply replied "To come out to as many people as I feel comfortable with" to their question about goals for 2015. I've thought about it a lot and for the past couple of years I've been slowly readying myself to come out. But as I pressed enter I found my tummy squirming. I felt tense and worried. Why should I? I'm just giving you another fact about me, but nevertheless it's a scary moment.

And now I'm sharing this with my blog friends too. Here goes.. I'm gay.

Now as I press the publish button it will again be with trepidation. However this year is about me. Not having to censor my life for the sake of others. I want to feel comfortable and confident in who I am. I feel sometimes I hold back. By not saying anything, I am in fact lying. I want to be honest, to truthfully live my life.

So I say a massive thank you to the wonderful ladies who sent supportive messages to me tonight. To Beth and to Lizzy thank you. I appreciate those message and words of encouragement so much. I will treasure them just as I treasure my best friend smiling and saying "I know".

Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. You shouldn't worry, you're just you and anyone that doesn't accept or love that is just a waste of space :)

    2015 ... a year to be you :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That may just become by motto - 2015... a year to be you. Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Power to you, and power to your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without wanting to sound patronising - well done! Coming out is a huge thing and it's brilliant that you're taking these steps now. All love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't patronising at all, I really appreciate your kind words. It was really difficult to do, but I'm so pleased I have. It's caused a shift in how I am and I'm becoming more open.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I basically second everything that the comment that jbistheinitial said! All the love to you!

    www.hayleyeszti.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE YOU! No matter what. I hope this year continues to be a year for you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a sweetie. Thanks lovely. Me too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete