Monday, 2 March 2015

A Sneak Peek into my Scrapbook 3





The paints are out again and this week watercolours seemed to be shouting at me. So I thought back to those primary school days of wax resist techniques and tried to recreate it. First I wasn't pressing hard enough with the white wax crayon so the wax resist is very faint in the first page. Therefore I decided to jazz up the page with some printing and a little red biro doodling. The second attempt was a lot more distinct and I was happy with the colour contrast with the deep purple. I can't decide whether I want to leave it nice and simple or stand working into that page. And then a stylised purple flower to finish.

What sort of creative loveliness have you been up to this week?
Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Wow it's so good! Unfortunately I don't have a creative bone in my body :( I'd love to be able to paint!

    Chloe
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. These are sooo beautiful, especially that first page. Did you scratch the pattern or is it a coloured pencil? I really love the way you mix mediums. What do you do whilst you're doing these? As in, listen to music or are in a certain mood or something, or do you just sit down and say "I'm going to do a page in my scrapbook"?

    Sterling, XLeptodactylous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the first page is my favourite too. I did it with a red biro. Not the most artist of medium, but just what I had hanging around. I usually make a conscious effort to sit down, stick the radio on and get started. It really winds me down after a long day, but also love taking a couple of hours in a day off to do it too. xx

      Delete