Thursday, 23 April 2015

Little Things Mounting Up

Little things have mounted up into a whole pile of stressy things recently. Work has been completely non stop. I literally can't remember the last time I had a day off and I'm not in much before 10pm most days. All this has culminated in a no sleep, eating random things at random times, grumpy kind of Kate. I don't like it at all. Last Saturday I was watching a film with friends and I just started crying. Baring in mind this was a comedy, I had no clue why tears were rushing down my face. An hour later with my best friend holding my hand and with me in full process of ugly crying, I could not stop myself. Much as I tried my body was shaking and I could not calm down.

This has left me down for the last week. Irritable and non motivated.

So I give you, a list of things I'm trying to do to make sure I'm feeling more myself:


  1. Get enough sleep! This sounds simple, but I'm a monster without sleep. If I don't get my 8 hours, I've started trying to fit in a nap around work or at least take some time out to just have a lay down and rest. My work hours are so random that this works a little easier than trying to fit in a long sleep sometimes.
  2. Make sure I have breakfast. I get hangry! Don't we all? So starting off the day right is important. Even if I just grab a cereal bar as I run out of the door (because I've been trying to maximise my sleep) it's got to be something.
  3. Have snacks, will eat. I'm always packing a couple of snacks with me. Then if I miss out on a meal (with my ever changing schedule this does happen) I can still keep up my energy levels.
  4. Try to let some things slide. I cannot be everywhere and helping everyone, much as I'd love to. Therefore some things are having to take a back seat so that I can get myself pepped up again 

Basically I just need to look after myself a little more. If anyone has any advice please do let me know, because not feeling myself doesn't feel great.
Kate xx

5 comments:

  1. I understand completely how you feel! The main thing I try to focus on when I'm feeling like that is why I'm working so much in the first place. When pay day comes around, you'll hopefully be grateful that you have been working so hard! Staying hydrated it another thing that I find very important, and I often get really irritable if I haven't drank enough. Try not to eat or drink anything that might lead to you being awake late at night, like lots of sugar or caffeine (although I know how it feels to be working late and not being able to switch off when you get home regardless of what you eat or drink)

    Like you mentioned, just try and focus on you being happy right now. People will understand. Try not to stress out too much about the little things. I hope you feel better soon!

    Becca :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, I really appreciated your comment. I completely agree with being hydrated. I always carry a water bottle around with me because I know if I don't drink enough I get a headache and then everything is 10 times worse!
      People have been fantastically supportive and I'm getting there. Still something I have to cope with though.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh no. I hope things ease off soon and you get back to you again. For me, I need to get outside every now and again, even if it's just walking home from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a sports coach, I'm outside quite a bit and it definitely helps! Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Hello there:) Your blog is exceptionally pretty and this post is brilliant!
    I just posted a new post, I hope you would like to see it?
    Thank you!
    Kate xo

    www.becomingkate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete