Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Using my Driving Time Creatively

I spend a lot of time in the car. I travel a lot of for work. Most of the time I listen to music, but this week I've quite reflective. My head has been composing Haikus. Short poems of 3 lines. The first has 5 syllables, then 7 and then we're back to 5. I like the short format. I'm so bad at starting a project and then never getting around to finishing it. But even I can manage 3 lines! I like how it can capture a snapshot and you have to chose the words wisely. The following are all separate little poems depicting moments and people in my life.

Wish I could help you
so close, but thoughts so distant
breaking from within.


Things mount up too quick
little moments make life hard
and a rant spills out.


Both curled up in bed
sharing secrets in the dark
words never see light.


Honest thoughts waiting
you've given me a window
I let in the breeze.


He's ever watchful
regarding a passerby
eyes trained to their moves.

Little bit of him
same mannerisms, a book
that is a present.

Have you ever tried your hand at poetry?
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment