Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #2


Hello and welcome to the second installment of Wonderful Wednesday. It seems to have come round with enormous pace and already I'm getting the warm and fuzzies in preparation. So let's drive straight in and find out what's been making my week a little special.

1. Finishing my tax return. What a blimming relief that one was. Procrastination and organisation are my biggest enemies which often stresses me out. I promise not to leave the next one so late (she says).

2. Walks. As the sun is setting and the light is fading. I'd been so wrapped up inside that it was good to get outside and just walk. I find it clears my mind and the chilly temperature kept me moving. The day I went didn't have the most impressive sky, but what we got was all sorts of shades of blue, pink and purple fading into night.

3. Knowing my friends are ok. One of my very close friends had a health scare last week. It involved ambulances. It takes a shake like that to value friendships and he got the biggest hug on Saturday.

4. Getting my trackies back on and exercising. It was my first indoor cricket match of the season on Sunday and putting the shirt back on was so much fun. We designed the ladies shirts last year and there's so much pride when I put on the shirt. Plus the pink flashes down the side totally make it! I haven't done any exercise for way too long and this was the boost I needed to get back into my routine.

5. The perfect combination of raspberries and chocolate hazelnut spread. Do I need to say anymore? It's got fruit in so it's healthy right?

6. Hatching a little plan for a summer holiday with the girls. Diaries were whipped out and coordinated and I keep getting sent links of lovely places to go. We are looking for a cheapish European city break if anyone has any lovely cities we should have in mind. I think the anticipation and palling is as much a wonderful part of it as going.

6. Finding myself grinning. I was driving along last week and I just realised a had a smile like a cheshire cat. I was doing something run of the mill, everyday, but my body was telling me I was happy and content. Literally face aching, spontaneous smiles and that's what I want most out of life.

Now it's over to you. What's been making your face ache with smiles? Share it here or on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday. You also need to race over to see what has made Sally and Michelle's week wonderful.

Kate xx

3 comments:

  1. Raspberries and chocolate spread is the BEST. So glad you're friends ok too, it does take a scare sometimes to make us all re-realise what's important. Another cracking Wednesday of wonderful
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the tax return! I can't wait to do mine (no, I'm serious, I treat myself big every year after I file, mm, chocolate). Your cheshire cat moment sounds awesome - smiling subconsciously is a great sign!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe you are looking forward to the tax return! The smile has been seen again. This is exciting progress.
      xx

      Delete