Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #5



1. Catching up with my best friend. When I say catching up, I mean pouring our hearts out at 1am. I haven't seen her for so long, but today I got back from staying with her for a night. It was the best thing. We ate ridiculous amounts of food and chatted for hours and hours. When you don't see people that often you cut through all the small talk and get right to the big issues. We talked deep. I laughed more than I have for months. I told her everything and we're completely honest with each other. I needed that chat, these couple of days. Also how beautiful is she?

2. Getting post. So what I've kept a little bit quiet on what's going on in my life, but in the last 2 weeks I have had 2 very exciting letters. So here goes. At the beginning of this year I applied to University to do Primary Teaching. In the last couple of weeks I have been attending interviews and have been offered places at 2 different Unis. I still have 3 more interviews to go, but I now know that come September I will be going to study and I can't say how excited I am.

3. Brie, bacon and cranberry sauce toasted sandwiches. This is such an ultimate combination! Salty, smoky bacon, creamy cheese and sweet cranberries all oozing out of crunchy, toasty bread. My favourite ever toasted sandwich combo (my favourite sandwich is chicken and bacon for future reference). I spent a lunchtime with my mum chatting over toasted sandwiches as a reward for getting my accounts up to date.

4. Reading. Recently I've had more time to read. I love fiction, autobiographies well everything! It feels very luxurious to be able to take time to engross yourself in something so immensely. I love that I learn about people: about other cultures and views. I also read nonfiction and learning about the word and improving my knowledge is brilliant. When I was little I would read under the duvet with a torch when I was supposed to be asleep because I loved reading so much and nothing has changed except the time issues!

5. My first pilates experience... was painful! But oh so worth it. One of my county teams had a session with a good friend and I joined in. It was really tough, but I was impressed with how much my body could do and I'm thinking of finding a class. Also the girls were hilarious and we laughed all the way through the session. I'm not sure the instructor had ever had such an interesting group!

Wonderful Wednesday is the brainchild of the beautiful Sally at SallyTangle and you should rush over to see her happy moments as well as the other lovely ladies: MichelleNadine and Helen. Please do get involved by commenting or tweeting your #wonderfulwednesday.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. Well that's a bit ridiculously exciting!! Huge congratulations to you, hard work but so rewarding I imagine! I have a few friends who are primary school teachers and all are spectacular human beings.
    And preceeded by old friend catch ups and followed by bacon Brie and cranberry? I think you win this round.
    Well worth being late for
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that's super exciting! I hope the last three interviews go well!

    Yes! Reading! I decided to get back into in October last year, and I've not looked back, it's been great having my head back in a book again! Weirdly, it's made me so much more efficient with where I spend my time too, which I love, no more time sucks for me!

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete