Sunday, 27 March 2016

Sneek Peak into my Scrapbook 7





It's been so long since I've shared some of my scrapbook pages. For some reason I've been drawn to orange recently. It's not a colour I usually go for and would never wear.  Maybe it's the vibrancy as we hurtle towards spring, but also my blue watercolour is running out so I've had to plump for a new colour scheme.

Circles and wave patterns always seem to feature in my pages. I don't know if this some strange symbol or just that I find them smooth and easy to draw. If I am doodling it will always include interconnecting waves. I'm also loving creating layers and texture. For the double spread I used wax resist techniques then the brushstrokes of watercolour. I have then drawn over the top. The second small piece has watercolour and ink prints over the top of the pen doodle.

Which colours are you drawn to at this time of the year? What have you created recently?
Please share with me, I absolutely love seeing other people's arty stuff.
Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us peek your art! I like the top one - those colours are so soft, the lines are so delicate, but it has a fury to it to!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such an interesting contrast you've made, but it describes the piece so well. I enjoy sharing my art. Thanks Meghan

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of an orange girl either, but I've found myself drawn to it lately too. It's the soft, blushing, pastel oranges that have been drawing me in. Something about them is sweet and comforting. These pages look lovely. Keep it up! XOXO

    Breanna Catharina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I'm not keen on the garish, in your face orange, but somehow the softer oranges and pinks have been calling me. Thanks for your kind words. xx

      Delete