Wednesday, 30 March 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #10
How are we all diddly doing? Now first an apology for lateness. I'm sorry, the laptop decided to update and take all day. In other news I now have cortana. Is that fun? What do I do? This week has been a little bit of catching up with friends and feeling good. The weather doesn't quite know what to do with itself so we've swung from hold-on-to-your-hat Storm Katie to fabulous I-don't-need-a-coat sunshine. We've had some stonking sunsets, which is something I absolutely love.
So let's move on and find out what's been making my week wonderful:
1. Hot cross bun slathered with butter. Easter might be over, but I'm still loving a hot cross bun with butter of a morning.
2. The first outdoor meal of the year. What can be better than tucking in to bacon sandwiches in the sunshine? The answer is definitely nothing. Last Friday my friend had a whistle stop visit back to sunny (at that time) Suffolk from her university in York. It has been 6 months since I saw her last so it was great to sit in her garden with her dog catching up on everything and sharing memories.
3. My decision not to drink. I feel so much happier in myself now I've decided not to drink. I'm a massive control freak and the thought of not knowing what I am doing or letting down my guard scares me so much. Last weekend I went out with a group of friends to the pub. We were still there at 2am laughing and having so much fun and I didn't drink a thing. I remember everything. Plus, the amount of juice I drunk means I also got my 5 a day. Bonus.
4. Spring cleaning. I am by nature a very messy person. I am untidy and probably a nightmare to live with, but this week I've been majorly tidying. I've managed to get rid of 3 bin bags of stuff that either I didn't need or was plain rubbish. You know all those pieces of paper you keep just in case you need to know what train you went on 2 years ago. Or a birthday card from when you were 12 from a family friend that you've never met. Well it's all cleared and I'm liking having everything tidier.
5. Lounge wear. This week I have purchased a pair of cookie monster lounge pants. They are garish, huge but oh so comfortable. I love wearing loose fitting PJ's and often buy from men's sections because you get the added bonus of pockets. They are amazing and nothing you are going to say can change that!
6. Booking my summer holiday. I'm literally so excited for this one. Me and two friends went to Dublin last year and had such a great time. This year we're staying slightly closer to home and road tripping to Bath and staying for a long weekend. I have spent one day in Bath and it was beautiful so I'm really looking forward to going back. Plus we've booked in right at the end of the cricket season just when I know I'm going to need a break.
And now it's over to you. Wednesdays are made even more wonderful by reading posts by Sally, Michelle, Jo and Helen. I enjoy hearing about what has made them happy this week. Therefore you can either join in by commenting, letting me know on twitter ( I'm @appreciate_day on there) or even writing your own post and becoming a fully signed up member of the Wonderful Wednesday crew.