Friday, 1 April 2016

Dinosaur Dance




A while ago I was asked to teach a half term of dance. We usually tailor dance based units on the topics that the children are currently working on as it helps them develop their learning through movement. The topic happened to be dinosaurs. I have to say it took me a while to compute how I was going to create a full dance unit based on dinosaurs. It actually was great fun to think about how they moved and the shapes of their bodies.

As this isn't a very common topic for dance there were hardly any resources on offer so I decided to make my own. This is a very different style of drawing to what I'm used to, but I like how the simple line drawings came out. As I was working on the shapes of them I tried to choose very different dinosaurs and accentuate their defining features. I enjoyed having to show their features through very simple lines. I think the triceratops might be my favourite as I managed to get a bit more detail in.

They are a little crumpled but you'll have to excuse that as they've been used in classes for 6 weeks! Do we need to name them do you think?

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel - in the past I've taught a Dance unit related to The Romans!

    Lilies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Romans sounds fun. I love coming up with plans for random subjects!
      xx

      Delete