Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #12


How is everyone diddly doing? This week has been mega quick leading and all sorts of productive leading up to my new job yesterday. I've now got such a full calendar until ... well September. I don't really do days of in the cricket season! Therefore I've been using this last week to get everything sorted and in order. It feels a little bit lovely to see all those plans unfolding. The summer starts now.

On with the things that have been making me smile this week:

1. Going out and only ordering dessert. Mum and I had a spare hour after dropping my brother at the train station on Sunday and all we wanted was sweetness. The waiter looks at you really funny if you only ask for the dessert menu, but it's definitely worth it. Especially if that dessert happens to be a chocolate brownie sundae. Lashings of cream, ice cream, warm brownies, chocolate sauce and honeycomb made up a massive sharing bowl of goodness. I think I'd better stop.

2. Ladies that lunch. Isn't it lovely to catch up with friends over a bacon, brie and redcurrant jelly toastie (i.e. the king of all sandwiches)? I haven't seen my friend for a while as we used to work together so it's been great to catch up with everything. Her new business is going from strength to strength and I couldn't be happier for her.

3. First training session. Yes, I trained outside and didn't get frostbite. In fact I was running around without a jumper and even thought about wearing shorts. This means it's officially nearly the summer. cricket season is just around the corner. In fact it's only 2 weeks until our first game and my first as captain. To say I'm excited is an understatement. Cricket makes me so happy and the lovely group of ladies that train and play hard make it so worth it.

4. First day, new job. Thank you to those lovely ladies that wished me luck yesterday for my new job. In case you're not up to speed, I am now coaching cricket everyday!! Whisper it - dream job. It's been so long until I've taught classes that I was pretty nervous, but the day was great and I had so much fun. Plus the above view on my drive home ain't half bad!



5. Doggy cuddles. I can easily while away the time cuddling this cutie. Dogs have this way of being affectionate right when you need it. Ben in the garden does a quick run round. Checks everything is how he left it, then he's right back with you wanting love. There's no way you can ignore him or he's jumping up, getting your best trackies (yeah that's a thing in sports coach's life) all muddy. Also why do dog love the strangest toys? He has this football that is ages old, he's pretty much eat his way through a whole side of it, but he still can't go anywhere without it in his mouth.

6. I made my own sweet potato chips. They were amazing. End of.

The #wonderfulwednesday gang is growing at an alarming rate, which is just fantastic because it means I have such a lot of positivity to read on a Wednesday. Go and visit SallyMichelleJoEmmaHelenCat and Katie 's blogs for more mid week cheer. Now it's over to you. Let me we know the wonderfulness that has been your week. Either comment here or share on twitter with the #wonderfulwednesday.

Kate xx

14 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHHHHHH Congratulations on the new job!!! IT HAPPENED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so flipping flopping pleased for you and this WONDERFUL meant to be job Kate! Eeeeeee i could just dance on the spot!!! WELL DONE so much!!

    Sweet potato chips - the BOMB. Add a good teaspoon of cinnamon before you toss 'em all up for the oven is my top tip - so yum.

    Awww Ben is the double of my mum and dads puppy - well he's one and a half now - he's called Storm. He's the maddest, craziest dog but so full of love for anyone that gives him their time. He has a penguin that he carries around with him and he also takes it bed too - so sweet.

    Yay for productive weeks! And for this lovely post of amazing-ness!

    Happy mid-week beautiful lady xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much Sally!

      I definitely need to try cinnamon next time. For a first attempt they weren't half bad.

      Ben is now 5 and I still think of him as a puppy. He's so energietic and jumps around all over the place, but so lovable. What a cutie with his penguin.

      BIG LOVE Sally xx

      Delete
  3. Ruddy bloody well done on dream jobbing it! You totally deserve such awesomeness!!

    I can't look directly at Ben on account of my little heart hurting, I apparently am all about the hounds.
    AND you know I love you but do not cool with the sweet potato chip related gloating, you KNOW I can't make them!! (I bet they tasted ruddy amazing!)

    Sending you much joy and loveliness for the rest of the week
    M X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I can handle how supportive the Wonderful Wednesday crew is. It's like having a set of cheerleaders. Thank you so much darling.

      I'm just using your technique of lurring people to my blog with cute dog photos. I hope it works.

      I'm not going to lie. They were amazing and it was only my first go at making them!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I've always wanted to go somewhere and just order dessert, but never really had the courage! That seems a little silly doesn't it! But that choc brownie sundae sounds oh so worth it! Many congrats on the dream job, wow what a fab feeling that must be! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, you HAVE to do it. It's definitely worth it. Take someone with you, then it becomes a dessert date, which is pretty much the best date ever! xx

      Delete
  5. Well done you on the job - I might not have been reading properly as somehow I thought you were off to be a teacher! Must be fab to be outside every day - and get paid for it! H x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are reading right! I have this amazing job as a little fill in job until I go away in September to Uni. Not the worst filling time job! Getting paid to top up by tan and get covered by freckles is the best. xx

      Delete
  6. Ahhh I'm so jealous of your wee hound! I long for the day when I can have my own dog (black velvet pug please) and until then I have to live vicariously through all you lucky dog owners - more Ben pictures please!

    Heaps and heaps of congratulations on your new job - so pleased that it's everything you wanted and what a lovely view on your drive home! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More Ben pictures I can certainly do! I knew Michelle's technique of cute doggies would work haha. Black velvet pugs sound like the cutest thing ever.
      Thank you so much lovely xx

      Delete
  7. Woo glad the new job went well! Sounds like an awesome role. I'm also totally a bacon and brie sarnie lover - sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's got to be my favourtie sandwich filler! Thank you so much x

      Delete