Wednesday, 4 May 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #15


Hello all, I hope you are having a pretty marvellous midweek. This week has been mega quick. You know those weeks that rush by in a blink of an eye and you wonder how on earth you crammed so much in? Well this week has been one of those. A happy, busy week. Which makes it all the much sweeter to look back and svour the moments of greatness.

Without anymore faffing, let's get this Wonderful Wednesday show on the road:

1. Sunsets. I know I harp on about sunsets for most of my life, but I think this one might be the most special. Let me set the scene: I was coaching in the evening and we were caught by surprise by a massive storm. One that comes quickly and absolutely drenches you to the skin. Everything was soggy and wet, but as soon as the rain had gone the players were ready to go out and train again (love their enthusiasm). On the drive home I was pretty cold, wet and tired, but then I was greeted by this sight! Isn't it ruddy marvellous? For good measure I'm now going to share a few more, because I just had to stop and take a minute to stare at the beauty. Sometimes the world takes me aback by its beauty.




2. Laughs. Laughing so hard that you have to stop because your stomach hurts. When you're convinced that laughing counts as cardio. When laughing becomes contagious because when you finally get over it someone else starts with another giggle and sets everyone off again. This week I went to see Romesh Ranganathan with some friends and he was very good. Hilarious, but down to earth. Relatable with so many of his jokes. A couple of hours where the main purpose of the event is to laugh has to be good for the soul. Laughter really is a wonderful medicine.

3. Good food, good friends. Saturday night saw a group of us go out for a meal. It had been weeks since we had seen each other, so it was time for catch ups and good food. With a big plate of lasagne, chips and garlic bread in front of me we chatted for hours and finished all off with a chocolate brownie sundae.

4. Midnight chats. Those chats where neither of you want to leave so you continue to talk about anything and everything. Where the most real and honest things get said, because somehow it's easier to say it in the dark. Through speech you are cso close to the other person. Bonding in the moonlight.

5. A wonderful lazy day. This bank holiday really crept up on me. I had loads of work booked in until I had to rearrange it all because everyone forgot it was bank holiday. It felt like a real bonus to me so obviously I used it wisely. I watched reruns of the Great British Bake Off and ate fudge. Homemade buttery fudge that just melts on your tongue.

6. Literacy test passed! I've done it. I've passed all the tests needed to get into university. Appart from a bit of form filling, I'm well on my way to uni. It feels weird. I'm so excited, but apprehensive at the same time. The literacy was definitely harder than the maths so I got myself in a bit of a state about it, but thankfully all went smoothly. Every little milestone takes me a little closer and I'm looking forward to it so much.

What has been making your week that extra special? Have you got some gorgeous sunset photos for me? Let me know in the comments or tweet me at appreciate_day using the #WonderfulWednesday.  Make sure you check out the rest of the Wonderful Wednesday gang: SallyMichelleJoEmmaHelenCat and Katie. Their lists of great stuff never fail to make me smile. I love the happiness and positivity.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. Aww the sunset pictures are absolute stunners :)

    So many great things this week for you, beautiful sunsets are always a win in my book, those midnight chats are genuinely the best things. I have had so many chats with people that maybe I'm not close to now but things talked about have stayed with me.
    Woohoo and huge congratulations on passing the literacy test - Sorry for being thick but what are you looking to study at uni? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUUUUGE congratulations on passing your literacy test - I'm so happy for you! It's all downhill from here now, a little form-filling is nothing at all! Heaps of well dones, I hope you're celebrating.

    Gorgeous sunsets too and your photos really make me think of everything I love about the beautiful Norfolk countryside when visiting my mother in law. Such a stunning part of the country.

    And yes to laughter, long conversations and good times with good friends - eight hundred times yes! There should be more of that for all of us!

    Hope you have a stellar end to the week and a wonderful weekend, lovely one xx

    ReplyDelete