Wednesday, 8 June 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #19
Finally we have the return of the sunshine and am I glad to see it (although an appearance last week would have been marvellous). A cricket season with lots of rain s just a disappointment to everyone, but the sun has got its act together and given us some proper cricket weather. This kind of weather has me craving lighter fresher things and a slightly slower pace of living. Fortunately I've had a couple of days off this week and I've used them to maximum relaxation time.
1. Milkshakes. The ones that are so thick that you can't get them up the straw made my well known fast food chains. That are so cold that the condensation drips all over you. After a day in the full sun umpiring a game a chocolaty thick cold drink is perfect.
2. Reading. I have rediscovered my library card and the joys of so so many books at your finger tips. Yesterday I spent the morning choosing all the books I wanted. Then the afternoon saw me on a rug outside reading in the sunshine. Absolute bliss until some doggie thought the book was getting more attention than he was! Cue him sitting on the book and refusing to move until he had his fill of cuddles.
3. Catching up with old friends. Unexpectedly an old friend popped by and we had such a long catch up. He's recently come out and it was great to have someone in real life who has been through some of the same things I've experience and we can chat about it. It's the first time that I've talked about being gay with someone at home without that boiling scared feeling n the pt of my stomach.
4. Pride events. This follows on from the point above. I have spent some much of this week talking about, googling and arranging pride events. Hopefully some of my friends are coming along to our local pride to support and I'll meet up with others. I'm also thinking about coming into London. I went to my first pride this time last year and the difference in how I feel about it in a year is mindboggling. I'm happier to be me.
5. Daisies. The roadside at the minute is chocobloc with huge open daisies. They collect into giant frothy clouds near roadabouts and grassy edges. Interspersed with vibrant red poppies they give such cheer when I'm driving along.
6. The best cricket teas. Hands down, no arguments, it was amazing. This week I have gorged on homemade burgers, scones with jam and cream, rocky road, sandwiches so full that the filling falls out, every fruit imaginable, dips and veg... I could go on all day! The food covered 2 tables and all the players had to have a little digestion break before playing again. One of the many reasons cricket is damn good - we all stop for a meal halfway through.
7. Dungarees. I have been wanting a pair of dungarees for years, but I knew exactly what I wanted which made me picky. I found the perfect pair in M&S of all places. They fit like a dream, skinny fit through the leg with adjustable straps. The most denim coloured denim you could find - no distressing or fading just solid blue - with turn ups. I'm already imagining the endless possiblities of what I will be wearing them with.
So that's my week, filled with sunshine and all the lovely things that come with it. Now it's over to you. What made your week blindingly beautiful? Or maybe that little thing that has kept you afloat. Every single thing is worthy of a #wonderfulwednesday. Use the hashtag on twitter and make sure you read the other lovely ladies mid week posts Sally, Michelle, Jo, Emma, Helen, Cat and Katie.