Wednesday, 10 August 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #25
This is a bumper edition of Wonderful Wednesday goodness for you all. I have spent the last few weeks (and will for next 2 weeks) on cricket tours. So I am responsible of squads for a few days overnight and playing cricket. Always so much fun, but exhausting.
As I write this I have just persuaded 12 15 year old girls to go to bed and finally have time to catch up with the world. It's the oddest scenario, because it's like you are in a bubble, a cricketing world. You don't really know what is going on outside of the campus you are staying on and important news is who has taken wickets, eaten all the popcorn or danced the macarena. Most of the time I don't even know what day it is, so I'm hurriedly writing this as I've just realise tomorrow is Wednesday.
However in the last few weeks I have crammed in a couple of lovely events and lots of mini moments that have made me smile:
1. Pride. This year I persuaded even more friends to join me at pride. We spent a lovely afternoon amongst rainbows (and a little bit of rain) listening to great music and relaxing. It's lovely to be at an event where I feel I belong.
2. Wedding. One of the ladies I used to work with and taught me so much about coaching and teaching got married. Her and Tilley had such a beautiful wedding. They had made lots of their decorations. All with little buttons. The bouquets were selections of buttons, whilst those that wore suits had large buttons instead of flowers. My favourite part of the wedding was the first dance because they looked so in love. Also look how pretty the marquee looked!
3. 21st. Finally my best friend has turned 21 and we had a 50s inspired tea party in her garden. Everyone dressed up and in the sunshine it was a great opportunity to catch up with everyone. Some people managed to get back from their years abroad while one friend brought her baby. It was lovely to see everyone again.
4. So much food! As I'm on tours I am being cooked for all day every day. I have eaten so much in the last few weeks, but the best thing is the cooked breakfasts. I'm not sure anything can make me up more on one of these weeks than bacon!
5. Meeting new people. I have met some absolutely fabulous coaches in the last few weeks. Coaches that I can stay up until 2am chatting with. Coaches that will share absolutely everything. Coaches that will perk you up after a bad day and be there to celebrate the good things. Coaches that will take time to support all players.
A short post as I am cream crackered, but for more Wonderful Wednesday goodness head over to the rest of the gang: Sally, Michelle, Jo, Emma, Helen, Cat and Katie. Please tell what has made your week special in the comments or on twitter (I'm appreciate_day) with #wonderfulwednesday.