Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #26


Wow, it's been a month! In that month so much has happened I feel like  haven't even sat down. It has been enjoyable, but exhausting and I'm so glad to have a couple of days recuperation before the long journey to university. This list will hint at a few of the exciting thing that have been happening, but also will highlight those tiny moments that make each day special.

I have really missed the blogging world but without the opportunity to sit down it has really taken a back seat. As with every summer, cricket takes a priority and being in charge of players they have to come first. You are on call 24/7 which is tough going but I absolutely love it.

1. Freshly cut hair. You know that feeling of swishy ponytails and soft ends. I've spent the whole afternoon stroking and playing with my hair. This is one of many little jobs that needed doing before I pop off to uni. I had a lovely time chatting with my hairdresser whilst she took a good 6 inches of my hair off. It feels all light and swingy and I can't help flicking it around.

2. New friends. Over the summer I have met so many new people and some have become such good friends. Memories include sitting up until 2 in the morning talking about anything and everything and then realising we had to be up at 6am to look after children again. That morning the hoody was definitely up and the players knew not to talk to me! We've spent lots of time sunbathing and chatting. People have done favours for me and I have helped them too. New people have offered me fantastic opportunities for the future which I am eternally gratefully for.

3. Reunions with old friends. When you leave school everyone splits. People go in so many different directions and it can be ages before you see each other again. A couple of skype sessions and emails never fully fills in the gap of a hug and a catch up. This summer has seen catch ups from across the globe. Stories from Berlin mixed with those from the stage. From building sites to India. From Australia to architects, I am honoured to have such a diverse groups of friends.




4. Beautiful surroundings; The Malvern Hills: Bath: rural Suffolk: the Cotswolds. The surroundings and the weather have played an absolute blinder this year. It's really not so bad getting out of bed seeing a mist slowly burning off the hills and being able to see for miles. Or walking myself to the top of Glastonbury Tor (no mean feat I'll have you know) only to be greeted by 360 amazing views.

5. Making lists. Those productive kind of lists full of important life things. Such as all the things that have to happen in the next week and a half before the big move. The list seems to just keep getting longer and I'm even ticking stuff off, but having it makes me feel under control. It calms the part of me that is slightly panicking that I'm moving to the other end of the country so very soon!

6. Thank yous. I am no longer a county coach. I finished last week and I have to say it made me so sad. I have been working with some of those players for 5 years and will miss them so much. But the outpouring of thanks they gave was just overwhelming. My last county game in charge was just phenomenal. The players were awesome they played with such a smile on their faces and each at their absolute best. The players and parents sent me emails and cards with such kind words that  will keep them forever.

7. Brunch. Because pancakes with maple syrup, pecans and natural yoghurt is always a good idea. A portion the size of my head is always a good idea. And as we had seen the amazing cakes on our walk in we could never leave without eating cake too although we were already full to burst. Enter the best raspberry and chocolate cake you ever did see. It took me a good hour to eat. I was so full I had to take breaks but it was just gorgeous.

This week is full of saying goodbye to everyone and tying up life here before I move next Friday. I have one more cricket match to play. The ladies team I captain have got into the county final so we will be putting our all in on Saturday. Wish us well!

I really hope that you have caught my lovely fellow #wonderfulwednesday gang over the summer because their positivity has worked wonders for pepping me up. Please visit JoHelenMichelleKateCatSamSally and Kerri for more smile inducing happiness. Or find us on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday.

Kate

8 comments:

  1. Ahh I love a good haircut, I am completely the same and spend a good several days afterwards giving it a swish around.

    Oooooh brunch is SO good! Kinda wish I hadn't read that on a day when it was an impossibility. Definitely going to up my brunch game this weekend.

    S xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swishing is set to last Sam! Oh make sure you let us all know abot your weekend brunch adventures xx

      Delete
  2. Ah, it's nice to see you back here!

    I haven't had a good hair cut in ages, I got the OH to trim it up for me the other day, but it's not the same as when someone who knows what they are doing does it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive!

    Sounds you had such a great time and met loads of great people!

    Here's to the next adventure!

    ~ K
    www.lifeasunusuals.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed it Kerri, but I've just been so busy! My cut was only £9 which I didn't think was too bad. And seeing as I haven't one all year I really really needed one!
      The next adventure is just around the corner.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Those all night conversations are the BEST - totally worth a muggy head the following day in return for real conversations + real friendships :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Helen. You cut through all the meaningless small talk and get to be real friends. I have talked to him everyday since having only met him 2 days before our all night conversaton!

      Delete
  4. I had a chance to walk the Malvern hills this summer as well as meet few awesome people. Summer is just great, isn't it? Best Wishes, Iga x http://igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having been to Malvern 5 years in a row I have never climbed the hills. I bet the view is amazing though. It's pretty good just driving over to get to Colwall. I absolutely love summer and all the posibilities that occur! x

      Delete