Wednesday, 14 September 2016
Wonderful Wednesday #27
This week has been all about preparing for Uni. It's only 2 days away now and I'm feeling every emotion under the sun. In true Kate fashion much of the packing is still to be done. Therefore I'm feeling highly unprepared and underorganised. That's getting me a little on edge, but I have an overwhelming excitement about it all.
I am absolutely loving how many #wonderfulwednesday-ers we have now. All these posts fill me with happy and reminds me that in everything there are little or really big moments that make us happy/smile. Please look out for the massive list of our gang at the end of this post and check out their blogs because they make my mid week!
1. A beautful moon. My mum text me to tell me the moon was beautiful and she wasn't wrong. This week the moon has been huge and so bright. I live currently in the middle of nowhere and getting back in the dark involves stumbling up the drive to light of my phone (falling over dog toys). However this week the moon has lit the way and the clear skys have shown thousands of tiny stars and t's a little bit magical.
2. Feeling like I'm on the right path. Yesterday I spent the afternoon at a school. This is one of the first schools I started working at when I left sixth form. The teachers and especially PE staff have been so supportive. In the last couple of years have gone back a couple of time. Most recently I went back after Christmas and there was the first coaching I did after feeling so awful. The teachers have been encouraging and helped me apply for uni. Yesterday I was both in the classroom and on the field (refereeing football in that heat) and I truelly felt I was in the right place. I felt comfortable and happy in that environment. It made me so confident that the next step of uni to be a teacher is right.
3. Saying goodbye. This could be quite a sad one, but last night I went out for a lovely meal with friends. We went to Cosmo ( a sort of all cuisine, all you can eat buffet chain) which we'd all been wanting to go for ages. We ate until we could eat no more, with plates of the most random cross cultural foods. An evening of fun chat with lovely girls who I wll now only see on the screens of skype until Christmas. Big hugs and mushy cards as we left, I will miss them.
4. An incredible group of ladies. On Saturday my cricket team and I were scheduled to play our fnals day as I mentioned last week. Unfortunately the weather had other ideas and we stood watching rain! The final has now been moved to next weekend which means I can't play. However I have had an ncredible season with these ladies. We are such a mix of people that would never meet outsde of sport, but they are so supportive and lovely.
5. Watching Pride. My favourite film watched after a long day of buying uni essentials. I cried once again, I can't help myself. If you haven't watched it, why on earth not?
6. Shaved legs. Usually I am a little bit lax with my leg shaving. Not because of any particular pont that I'm making, but just because it's such an effort! However when I do bother I love how smooth they feel.
Please check out the rest of the lovely ladies of the #wonderfulwednesday gang: Michelle and Eleanor. The number seems to grow every week and with it the happiness. Please let us know what has been making your week that little bit happier either here or on twitter wth #wonderfulwednesday.