Wednesday, 5 October 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #29


This week has sailed away (sorry no pun intended!) so fast I can't even comprehend. Everything is moving along and it feels like I've lived here a lot longer than 2 and a half weeks. So much has been jam packed into the last week and I've hardly had time to sit down. I'm feeling

1. Breakfast and the best milkshake. Saturday saw me and my flatmates wake up in the hallway wrapped in our duvets because we had decided to have a sleepover when we'd got in. With a couple of sore heads in the group (mine not one of them) we decided a proper cooked breakfast was needed. Just down the road from us is a cafe with proper fry ups and the best milkshakes. Enter 'Death by Chocolate' milkshake. Chocolate milkshake, chocolate sauce, chocolate brownie and cream.

2. Family flat day out. On Sunday again had such a cute day together. In the morning we all cooked pancakes with strawberries and nutella. We then got ready and caught a ferry to Mount Batten which is just a 10 minute journey from the Barbican. The weather was gorgeous and sunny and we walked along the sea walls taking photos of our new home. After a considerable amount of walking we were rewarded with puppy cuddles and a mango and raspberry cider in the pub before making our way back.

3. Seeing the stars and the morning sunshine. In my uni room I have a skylight right above my bed. In the evening just before I go to sleep I look up and see the stars. When I wake up in the morning I can see the sky and the light beaming through.

4. Dancing. Last week I took part in a couple of free dance sessions with the uni. We laughed our way through zumba then learnt a bit of contemporary dance. To be honest the sessions weren't that great, but moving my body in a dance way again was brilliant. And yes I've danced in the evenings too...

5. Cricket. I've now met and trained with the women's cricket team here at the university. I've found people that love cricket just as much as me.

6. Cooking. I'm really enjoying cooking for myself. I like making a shopping list and planning meals. I like thinking of balancing my meals and trying to eat enough fruit and veg. I like our flat community of eating around the table together.

That's all for this week. It makes me so happy that the #wonderfulwednesday gang is growing and I always look forward to reading what has made these lovely ladies happy. Please check them out too:  JoHelenMichelleSarahCatSamEl Kerri's, Mimmi'sMartina'sIsabelle's blogs and our queen Sally!

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh a skylight sounds amazing! I have never had a room or home with a skylight! what a nice way to wake up in the morning.

    Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're settling in just fine - enjoy it - sounds wonderful! Hx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That skylight sounds like the stuff dreams are made of. How lovely to go to sleep directly under the stars. Heaven! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you're having a wonderful time and settling in really well, I'm so pleased to hear it! Excellent flatmates all round :) (and that milkshake sounds SO good!) C xx

    ReplyDelete