Sunday, 13 November 2016

Autumn Light







For the past few days I have been feeling a little under the weather. I lost my voice and then I was all bunged up. I was just generally feeling sorry for myself and a bit pathetic. This meant that most of Saturday morning was spent in bed snivelling and dozing.

As the day wore on I decided I needed to do something to get myself out of this cycle. I decided a walk would help. I find that when I'm by the sea, I'm calmer and feel so much better. I'm lucky to live only a ten minute walk from the coast.

However, a ten minute walk wasn't going to pull me out of the fug so I deliberately took streets I had never walked down before. I love exploring my area and going to new places. I walked for hours. Unravelling the thoughts in my head and moving my body. Through my university course I have been exploring the need for physical activity to improve quality of life. I can see this so much in myself. When I am inactive my mood drops and my body feels lethargic. Getting outside and moving is so important for me.

The light in autumn seems all the more golden to match the changing leaves and Saturday did not disappoint. A happy accident was the sun setting as I walked along the coast. The water shone with the changing colours in the sky. I took the time to sit and stare out into the bay feeling my thoughts collecting and reorganising themselves.

As the last light left the sky I took myself home: feeling more energised and happy.

Kate xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you did exactly what you needed to do to get you out of your funk and I'm so pleased it worked and you're feeling brighter. My university was also beside the sea and I used to go for walks along the sea front and down to the small pier when I was feeling blue. Your photos brought it all back - beautiful shots! C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, sometimes we just need to walk and the sea definitely helps x

      Delete