Wednesday, 9 November 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #34


To be quite honest I'm wishing I had written this post yesterday when I was feeling a lot more wonderful. Waking up to the American election news felt very surreal. I didn't want to believe it. Then it hit home and made me realise the implications. I had a little cry. I had a little cry for every minority. I moped around for most of the day in a fog wondering why people weren't taking this momentous shift more seriously.

And then I realised that this list is just as important today as any other day. In fact it's so much more important. Because we have to show love and understanding to others. We have to take care of ourselves and notice the wonder in the everyday. So without further ado let's talk happy things...

1. Dancing. You know that carefree dancing where you arms and legs are probably going in completely different directions, but you just don't care? Yeah that! Friday night was great. I went out with some of my flatmates and we just danced.

2. Roasts. After the coldest night of my life in a caravan on Saturday night (think frost on the inside of the windows) and a full day of playing cricket food was needed. The food that we had was absolutely amazing. Half a chicken with the best crispy roasties and batter puddings the size of a small bowl. What was even nicer was that we ate it all together as a team. We were definitely full and drowsy on the way home!

3. Cards. This week I had a lovely card from my Mum. To be honest it says very little, just catches me up with day to day life. However it's so lovely to have post to open and feel connected to her when she's so far away.

4. Chocolate. Because what is not made better by chocolate. This is thick, creamy, dark chocolate from Lidl of all places. Cheap as chips and perfect for sweet tooth cravings.

5. Making friends with snails. I'm currently doing a science module and this week we had snails come and visit us. Focusing on how children observe we drew and made plasticine models of our new friends.

6. Snuggly scarves. We have finally hit cold weather in Plymouth so the scarves and coats are out. I'd forgotten how much a soft scarf keeps me warm. I'd also forgotten how much I liked my turquoise coat. It's so vibrant and really brightens the dull days. I'm in the market for a really warm grey one now...

To all of you today I send lots of love. For all the lovely people I have met through blogging. To the gang of wonderful Wednesdayers (JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl , KerriMimmiMartina and Isabelle) you light up by Wednesdays. Keep on keeping on guys. 
To join us in spreading joy use #WonderfulWednesday on twitter, comment or write your own post.

Kate xx

10 comments:

  1. I love receiving cards!!!:) Last year I took part to a Christmas card swap with other bloggers and it was super funny!!!
    I totally agree with you about the need of happiness for today..I'm absolutely terrified about the future of the USA and the whole world.
    XXX
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely have to stick together and spread the love! Can't wait to send my cards out. x

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this - and aren't mums the best? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah dancing! Oh goodness, this makes me want to go dancing! I'm too old now (well my friends of same age think so, but I don't believe it, bores! lol) I used to love a good dance to my fave tunes after a little drink or two... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo, we should go!! Never too old. There was some real belters this week x

      Delete
  4. I also woke up feeling a profound sense of sadness and loss, I'm still feeling in a bit of a fog to be honest and didn't get around to writing my WW post. I wish I had as yours and the lovely other girls' posts have cheered me up immensely. That roast sounds beyond delicious, I need one this weekend for sure! S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got your roast! It's had me in a proper fog this week, but I keep telling myself that it's mportant that we make the world a better place in whichever ways we can and bring happiness.
      Hope you are havng a lovely weekend x

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I love a good roast, I haven't made one in a long time. I think I need to fix that! I might whip up a midweek roast since it's so cold at the moment and that'll definitely warm me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving foods to warm me up at the minute. Hope your roast was good x

      Delete