Wednesday, 7 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #38


My goodness, this has been one heck of a week. With finishing placement and cramming lots into the remaining days I feel like I haven't stopped. Yesterday was my first day where I had a couple of hours to myself. I was hoping for a nap, but alas the pigeons in Plymouth thought otherwise. I spent the afternoon pigeon proofing all the windows so that they couldn't get in again. Oh the joys of student accommodation. Anyway after 10 and a half hours of solid sleep I'm feeling so much more chipper and time to remember all the wonderful things that have happened this week...

1. Dance. I've always loved dance and used to do lots of shows when I was younger, even studying it for a bit at school. However it's been years since I did or saw any so I jumped at the chance to go and see Rambert dance company at Plymouth Theatre Royal. The fact that I won the tickets on a raffle was a big bonus. So Thursday night saw me and a friend so close to the front that you could see the facial expressions of the dancers. Such an amazing seats and a performance that was phenomenal. My friend hadn't seen any contemporary dance so she was blown away.

2. Christmas lights. The city is looking lovely with it's decorations and lights all up. It definitely brings cheer to 6am very cold frosty walks.

3. Home. This week I have got the massive urge to go home. Not that I don't love uni, but it's been nearly 4 months since I've seen my family which is the longest I've ever been without them. I can't wait to see and hug them. This week I booked train tickets home for Christmas and back in the new year. With less than 2 weeks to go I'm super excited. I've had a couple of lovely phone calls and cards from my family back home too.

4. Dressing up. You know that feeling when you spend hours with your friends getting ready. You're all doing hair and make up and selecting what to wear. Everyone looks their best and you feel confident and good. Yeah, that feeling.

5. Banana and nutella on toast. Just a winning breakfast combination that I never just eat for breakfast. breakfast foods are my favourite and seem to feature in these lists all the time!

6. Fry ups. On Sunday we made a big flat fry up. I really like our flat's tradition of all eating together on a Sunday. We shop together, prepare our food and eat around the table. We're all on different schedules during the week so it's nice to catch up at the weekend. This week a couple of my flatmates were seriously hanging so a fry up was a priority!

7. Big debates. I really like having conversation with people that's meaningful. Things that will deeply affect our lives. This week's topics have been brexit, feminism and our perception of colour.

And now it's over to you. What has been making your week just that bit more special? These lovely ladies have got more wonderfulness to warm your heart:  JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl , KerriMimmiMartina and Isabelle. Get involved on twitter with #wonderfulwednesday or comment below.

Kate xx

8 comments:

  1. Why has it never occurred to me to have banana when I have nutella on toast?! genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pigeons got in your house?! No way! Definitely time to bird-proof, I can't imagine them being very easy to get back out.

    I went out the other night to look for any Christmas lights, but didn't see any. It's not so common to decorate your house here. They must have the lights on in town though, so I'll have to take a walk before we head home for the holidays to get some photos. I do try to get out and see them at least once.

    Ooh, banana and chocolate spread sounds really tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you imagine me having to try and shoo the pigeon out whilst my flatmates scream in the corner?
      The ones in town were really pretty, I haven't seen many house decorated though.
      Kate xx

      Delete
  3. Oh yay for booking your train tickets back home! I hope the time flies by lovely xx

    Peta
    pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading this has made me so nostalgic for my uni days. I loved those moments when everyone was getting glammed up together over a box of lidl wine. Those were the days!

    Eek about the pigeon!! I think I would have cried if A) a pigeon flew into my house and B) My napping was disturbed!

    Have a wonderful week! S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting ready with the girls is one of my favourite things!!
      Kate xx

      Delete