Thursday, 15 December 2016

Wonderful Wednesday #39


Some weeks seem harder than others. No particular rhyme or reason, but sometimes everything happens at once. My friends seem to be having a really hard on this week and it has made me the pillar of strength, but there's only so long you can be strong for everyone. This Wonderful Wednesday sees me tired and just ready for some breathing space.

On the other hand I'm really excited about my blog at the minute and have so many ideas. I'm looking forward to posting even more. So without further ado, here's the things that have made me happy this week:

1. PJs days. This weekend I didn't really leave the house. I wore layers of snuggly pjs and my warm dressing gown all day. Granted the reason for this was that I was writing essays, but I was even productive with that. Having done lots of work now leaves me free to enjoy Christmas without the stress of working too much.

2. Decorating the flat. We spent a really lovely Christmassy evening making paper snowflakes and sticking them all round our flat. We even coloured some big ones green and stuck them up together to form a Christmas tree. This just shows that you don't need to spend a lot on decorations as we won the prze for best decorated flat. We sent time together, had fun and everything now looks really festive.

3. Spicy bean burgers. Recently I've been eating a lot more vegetarian food and when I shopped and saw these I knew I wanted to try them. Eaten with salad, mayo and salsa all in a wrap this was perfect pre training eating and so tasty. Definitely one to buy again.

4. Celebrating 21st. One of my flatmates has her 21st birthday next week when we are all at home so we surprised her with a celebration at uni. Firstly we decorated the flat and had 21 presents for her. Then an all you can eat Chinese buffet, with birthday cake and singing in the restaurant. Then we came back to the flat to get ready to go out. Everyone had such a good evening and she was so surprised. Although I have no idea how we kept it all from her.

5. Making my own Christmas cards. Another Christmassy craft occurred this week when I made my Christmas cards. After looking for inspiration on pinterest I settled on a design, stuck on the Christmas tunes and spent an evening with my paints and pens. I will show you the results on another post, but my flatmates certainly liked there's and the rest are in the post.

6. Music. Played at all times and for every mood. When I'm waking up to get me motivated for the day. To chill me out before bed. To sing along to on a night out. To play cricket and dance along to.

So that's my #wonderfulwedneday (on a Thursday). The week has been busy, but I only have one more day here before I make my way home for Christmas. One full on day and then a trek across the country. To put a smile on my face I will be reading #wonderfulwednesday post from these lovely ladies  JoHelenMichelleSarahSallyCatSamEl , KerriMimmiMartina and Isabelle on my way home. To join in leave us a comment, use the hashtg on twitter or instagram or write your own post.

Kate xx

4 comments:

  1. I probably have too many PJ days lately, since I'm not working. It's just too easy to stay snuggled up in my PJs instead of getting dressed.

    Ooh spicy bean burgers sound delicious!

    Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might like the idea of spicy bean burgers! If I'm working at home I'd much rather snuggle in my PJs than get dressed.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like lots of lovely activities to perk you up on a tough week. Well done for getting your work out the way before the holidays. I was rubbish at that as a student (still am) and always had stuff left, hanging over me, over the holidays.

    V <3
    http://sirvikalot.wordpress.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just feel a lot calmer if haven't got too much pressure hanging over me.
      Kate xx

      Delete