Friday, 13 January 2017

Aldeburgh


One of my last days spent in Suffolk was a day spent by the seaside. Aldeburgh is one of my favourite beaches. Despite its stony shore it has such a good chip shop. A visit is never complete without a bag of chips, open and dowsed with salt and vinegar.


There was such a beautiful hazy winter sunshine and the wind had died down. Perfect for a walk along the beach.


On the beach had been placed a Christmas tree. It was a local art project where people could leave messages for those who weren't spending Christmas with them. The remembrance tree was decorated with moving messages and stones around the base had been written on too. Staring out to sea was a moment for reflection and calm.


Finally, we reached Maggi Hambling's Shell which sits on the beach in Aldeburgh. It reads ' I hear those voices, that will not be drowned'. In a world where uncertainty prevails don't let your kind hearted voice be drowned.

Kate xx

14 comments:

  1. Such beautiful photos and wonderful art. The tree is a great idea that hopefully brings a little comfort to those who suffer with loss over the festive period.
    I like your taste in snack too. Not a proper visit to the beach without salty, vinigar-covered chips!

    Danielle xo
    www.underlandtowonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You HAVE to have chips at the beach. Coming from you that's a real compliment, thank you. xx

      Delete
  2. That tree is adorable!

    You can't beat a day at the beach, especially if it means indulging in a bag of chips. Although, I'm questioning your choice in condiments, vinegar is a no go!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hang on, no vinegar?! What do you have on chips?
      I love the beach and the tree was such a nice place for reflection.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The Remembrance Tree is such a lovely idea, I bet some of those messages were really sad, heartfelt and moving. The shell is gorgeous too, I love outdoor art pieces like that, they make a place feel more magical! Lovely scenes along the coast there. - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely. I took some time to read around the tree and look out to sea to contemplate them. Same, I love coming across them in the landscape. Thanks xx

      Delete
  4. Aww that tree is so lovely, and such a good idea! I love your photos, everything looks so picturesque! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jemma. The tree was such a lovely idea, a place for reflection xx

      Delete
  5. These photos are gorgeous and those chips look absolutely delicious ��

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at the empty beach (I love empty beaches) . There is something so calming about the beach. Plus chippy chips always help :) xo

    www.hayleyloves.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find winter is such a lovely time to visit the beach, because they're so empty and calm. xx

      Delete
  7. I love your photos, they're stunning! I absolutely love the beach and only live about 20 minutes away, but I always seem too busy to go for a walk by it! Maybe this should be one of my resolutions!! :) x
    Holly ∣ Closingwinter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Holly! You should definitely get yourself to the beach xx

      Delete