Monday, 23 January 2017

Walk around Debenham






The weather here in the last few days has been blue skies, but there's a nip in the air that makes me long for summer. When warmth caresses your skin turning it a golden tan.

So today I'm remembering an adventure from last summer. Sunny days always make me want to get outside and explore. There are such beautiful places right on my doorstep that I am yet to venture to.

Debenham is one of those places that aren't on the road to anywhere. I wouldn't just pass through, but it's definitely worth the detour. An afternoon with no work and a gorgeous summery day were the perfect excuse to explore.

The main street through the town is lined by beautiful houses of varying ages. There's a novelty feel to the town. The colourful houses with carefully tended gardens are swathed in bunting. I took a leisurely walk and popped in and out of the many independent shops.


After walking the length of the main street I settled outside Vanilla Bake House for a refreshing bite to eat. It was a perfect spot to people watch. The florist opposite popped in with a delivery of flowers for the tables and people walked past at a leisurely pace. I enjoyed a refreshing rose lemonade and a gluten free ginger cake which was perfect to refuel after my wander. 

The streets were filled with tiny independent shops. I browsed everything from antiques, hardware, gifts and cards. All the shopkeepers were friendly and chatty. Such a pleasant afternoon in the sunshine.

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment